PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to think.

Ducke
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I was talking to some folks in the know ( I use to work in Oil and Gar Biz )that are saying the price of gas will be going up by .05 cents a liter by the end of May.
That will put it somewhere around $1.65 liter or $6.27 Gal.
I have already raised my prices for 2012 by 3.5% but how am I going to off set these type of increases ????
and that is only the beginning of the summer we could be looking at $2.00 + L by August Its all got to do with Iran thing and also the refineries in the southern US can keep up production. Funny thing is Canada doesn't get oil from either of these sources, Funny how that works.

Has anyone used a fuel surcharge before ??? if so How did customers take to it ???

dpld
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
i have a charge in place but i have never implemented it and from what the signs are indicating for this year i may very well for the first time ever start to do so.
considering what the price is now and we have not even started working yet it is looking like it will only climb from here.

what is unusual is that we usually get a portion of the year in before that stuff starts and this year it will be for the whole year and that is not a good sign.

oh well, so much for things getting better. it was nice dreaming about it though.

B-2 Lawncare
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I was talking to some folks in the know ( I use to work in Oil and Gar Biz )that are saying the price of gas will be going up by .05 cents a liter by the end of May.
That will put it somewhere around $1.65 liter or $6.27 Gal.
I have already raised my prices for 2012 by 3.5% but how am I going to off set these type of increases ????
and that is only the beginning of the summer we could be looking at $2.00 + L by August Its all got to do with Iran thing and also the refineries in the southern US can keep up production. Funny thing is Canada doesn't get oil from either of these sources, Funny how that works.

Has anyone used a fuel surcharge before ??? if so How did customers take to it ???

it's funny I live in a rich coal, and oil and gas state, and still have friend in the industry. Right now they are shutting in gas Wells. It's kind of a doubled edged sward for me.
I have never used a surcharge with this business but when I was a supervisorn the patch we would add a surcharge after discounts.

Ducke
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Well they were on local talk radio here today with their weekly prediction for pump pricing, the experts are saying up to a .15 cent a liter increase on Thursday. That will bring regular gas up to $1.54 L which is somewhere around
$5.85 US Gal :eek:
This is getting foolish. Its only February I am afraid to hike my prices any more but what am I to do I have to make money.........
I really am thinking of getting rid of my Chev Silverado. The V8 gulps gas like its free. wish I never got rid of my S-10 now.