PDA

View Full Version : What to do with an old trailer

FaccLndscpng
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
What do you do with your old trailers? I have my original 5í*8í mesh bottom trailer that needs a lot of repairs; it has structural cracks and needs leaf repairs. I donít know if I want to spend the time or money to repair and try to sell (especially since you can buy a new one for like $700) to have this thing sitting around taking up space.

CHEESE2009
02-22-2012, 04:18 PM
What do you do with your old trailers? I have my original 5’*8’ mesh bottom trailer that needs a lot of repairs; it has structural cracks and needs leaf repairs. I don’t know if I want to spend the time or money to repair and try to sell (especially since you can buy a new one for like $700) to have this thing sitting around taking up space.

How much do you think it is worth right now? Might be time to just give it away or throw it out.

Got some pictures?

stevef1201
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Put it on craigslist for 100 dollars and take the first offer. even if its I'll haul it away for free!

FaccLndscpng
02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
LOL thatís what I thought, I donít have any pics right now I will see if I can stop down to my garage sometime soon and get some for you. I figure its not worth much so maybe it would be worth more in scrap metal, but maybe not.

CS-LawnService
02-23-2012, 06:46 AM
you can haul it down to virginia and
I would gladly take it iff your hands :D

it would be a step up from mine i am sure

dpld
02-23-2012, 07:04 AM
how much does it weigh? scrap prices are high again.

picframer
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
We do a lot of wood chipping and clearing, I have three old trailers that we use to beat around hauling stuff out of the woods, I have sold a couple as is for $100.00 +/- they go quick as guys cut them down, I mark on the sales slip, "Sold as is, unit is NOT road worthy"

jklawncare
02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
if anyones got one near indiana id love to pay a little for one :D
haha but anyways

you can always refurb it or bulk it up.. use it to haul smaller equipment, waste, or what have you.

itd be cool to build up walls and an enclosure and attach one of those city type leaf suckers onto it

Hedgemaster
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I've seen some really, I mean REALLY horrible homemade trailers selling on craigslist for several hundred dollars. Some aren't even road legal and a few state exactly that in their ad.

Depending on how bad it is, I'd consider posting it. SOMEONE may be interested.

JeffK26
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd post in on CL for whatever ya really think it's worth...

We put a couch on CL for free and it was worth getting rid of for free, but we ended up getting $50 out of it after 3 different people wanting it.

Ya never know.

FaccLndscpng
02-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I hate to get rid of it but I (like everyone else) is running out of real estate. I would love to set it aside fix it up and sell off the trailer a used trimmer, blower, mower and some of the last remaining residential customers I have as like a small business start up. But I know that stuff will continue to accumulate untill I flip out and take everything to the scrap yard. One year I got rid of about 10
20" push mowers and 3 trimmers that I was saving for parts...if I need a part I buy new, I dont know what I was thinking. I felt like a hoarder! I guess we will see what happens. If i decide to make an attempt to sell it on CL I will let you know how much I get, and same goes for if I decide to scrap it. Thanks for the input.