PDA

View Full Version : Need a new phone...

CHEESE2009
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Alright... I'm getting sick of having this;

http://westendelectronics.com/wee/wp-content/uploads/products_img/lg_rumour2_black_67881.jpg

Tell me forum, what phone should I buy?

Photos are nice!

To show a photo from the web;
yourLinkHere

caddy0291
02-20-2012, 12:14 PM
HTC EVO phone does everything

CHEESE2009
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I got a text from Bell, they want me to get this with another 3 year plan with them.. lol

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/HTC_Raider_4G_LTE

HTC Raider.. same thing?

yourscape
02-20-2012, 08:30 PM
"Iphone" the only issue is there is no goher app:confused: Other than that I would be so lost with out mine.

wandfsmall
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
how about this phone.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6O2p3RyI7TNbteNzEDvqS1xJ1UPNIt d-JXr8VTmnalXE2CV8VKB64czJ3

bruces
02-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I hate cell phones in general ,but have an iphone which I use mainly for the internet .The phone works great ,I have an otterbox case so it wont break [it slid off a roof once with no issues ] ,but find it kind of large to stick in my pocket .

yourscape
02-20-2012, 08:57 PM
how about this phone.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6O2p3RyI7TNbteNzEDvqS1xJ1UPNIt d-JXr8VTmnalXE2CV8VKB64czJ3

I like:eek:

Ducke
02-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Try this one buddy
http://www.google.ca/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://rashmanly.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/shoe_phone.jpg&sa=X&ei=3Z5DT93YHeHm0QGmouCjBw&ved=0CAsQ8wc4ogE&usg=AFQjCNFGsd0h4HBZWTnp40-VfUycHs62bg

dpld
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
get a droid if you have a PC they are far more compatible and are slowly going to take over.

I phone is the fashionable thing to do, droid is the practical thing to do.

CHEESE2009
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm just worried about the bill I'd get with a newer phone. It seems like I would actually have to pay for internet use just to use most of the stuff on them, no?

I don't know anything, I've never held an Iphone/Blackberry/Android before, I don't know what they do.

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4b9965297f8b9a8626550000/telephone-cup-insider-trading-old-men.jpg

bruces
02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
because I rarely use my phone for calls ,I have a pay as you go phone through petro-can ,because the calls are 25 cents a minute ,but for $10.00 per month I have unlimited internet browsing .They have inexpensive monthly plans for calls etc as well ,but I might use the phone for 4 minutes or less per month so for me its not worth it .They run the rogers network if service is an issue for you .Also,their cards last a full year ,no need to top-up every month if you still have time left on your card .It works perfect for me ,it might not suit you .

CHEESE2009
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Things I know that need;

Texting
Voicemail
Caller-ID <** My savior

As for calling, I usually only receive calls. I suppose I'd need an incoming call plan. (I think I have one already, I'm not sure?)

With the new features, I'd like to be able to check Facebook and Twitter, etc. Though, would they charge me for internet use? What if I have wi-fi and just use what I'm already paying for at home or the nearby are has wi-fi?

I couldn't imagine using my phone for games, the battery would probably die very often.. lol

I like the Twitter/FB idea though.. I could update my posts while at work, or on the toilet.

picframer
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Personally a Blackberry fan as I use my phone mainly for email and text messages, when it comes to emails, BB has the market, my plan allows me 4G access to the internet, twitter, FB etc. the voice plan I have allows for unlimited incoming calls plus MY5, basically free calls anytime to 5 people I select.

Daughter had a phone like your old one which was excellent for text messages, she now has a Samsung Galaxy s II LTE and loves it, son has always had the IPhone.

Each of our plans run around $90.00 a month each

Ducke
02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Go with the Android phone
Loads of lawn apps and text face book twitter, Linkin etc.
I have a LG something or other it is awesome

jymie
02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
The service I use is Cricket here in the US, it has a set price, no worry about overages, my smart phone has unlimited everything long distance included, not sure if that is available in Canada, but google search for a similar type of plan.

dpld
02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
The service I use is Cricket here in the US, it has a set price, no worry about overages, my smart phone has unlimited everything long distance included, not sure if that is available in Canada, but google search for a similar type of plan.

that will all be coming to a end soon if it has not allready for.
the service providers still sell the unlimited text and phone plans but the data plans they have been losing money on so what they do now is for example is if you have a 4G plan and after a pre determined amount of data used they drop you down to 3G and so on and so on.

all they sell now is bundles of data and if you go over you just pay for additional 200 MB.
any existing unlimited plans are getting the shaft and allthough they will not take it away from you they just drop the level of service to the point where you get sick of it and re sign for the new plans.

it's dirty tactics but the government is allowing it to proceed so enjoy it while you still can.

CHEESE2009
02-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Alright so I picked up the HTC RAIDER.

It's a very fancy phone. I'm not a fan of clutter so I deleted all the apps of the screens lol..

I kept these apps on my home page 1/7 pages :eek;
Weather & Time
Facebook
Twitter
Internet
Mail (my actual business email!)
Messages (text messages)
Call History
Self Serve (cool thing connects with Bell to show my usage data)
Market (buy more apps i guess)

Other apps I'm keeping on a different page;
Camcorder
Camera
Gallery
Google Search Bar

ALSO;

Using the 'phone' part of the phone, is the most difficult god damn thing ever. It took me HOURS to put contacts in my phone, and I called a lot of them by accident!

... I can't check my voicemail.. wtf

CHEESE2009
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
How do I know if I'm using my Wi-Fi instead of my carrier(Bell) internet?

Panic mode. lol

Can't seem to download angry birds anyway.. FRIG!

picframer
02-22-2012, 05:40 AM
How do I know if I'm using my Wi-Fi instead of my carrier(Bell) internet?

Panic mode. lol

Can't seem to download angry birds anyway.. FRIG!

It's in your options, set the default to Wi-Fi, you can check your usage on the phone for the current billing period or you can log into your account, careful down loading large items as it will drive your data usage, down load using your computer then transfer to the phone.

CHEESE2009
02-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I love my new phone. I can't wait to see my first bill!

So what are some fun things to download besides naughty pictures?

I tried Angry Birds, and I don't like it, the birds are too damn heavy! *i suck*

I also just love how I am slowly becoming even lazier now with my phone, I can do everything on it, that I would often do on the computer...

I'm going to be a bag of bones by the time spring comes.