PDA

View Full Version : "New" Web Site Feedback

yourscape
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I just got the basics to the web site up and running. If you get a chance, feedback would be appreciated. I am still working on the packages and promotions tab with that hoping to be up later this week. I have someone actually writing the site not using a generator so, some layouts might show up different on different computers and software. If this happens to you could you post it so I can get it fixed. Thanks everyone! www.yourscapelawn.com

thegroundscrew
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I like it a lot. It's clean and simple. However, You said your are also a snow removal company in your logo so you should list that as one of your services. You should also have photos of your work because pictures tell a million words. I also think that the green background is a little much. I would just keep it white because it makes it a lot cleaner.

yourscape
02-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I like it a lot. It's clean and simple. However, You said your are also a snow removal company in your logo so you should list that as one of your services. You should also have photos of your work because pictures tell a million words. I also think that the green background is a little much. I would just keep it white because it makes it a lot cleaner.

Yes, the snow removal is still a tab that is in the working along with the pictures of my work. I am new and starting up this spring so those pic were just a filler until I get actual ones. About the background I was trying to get the striping look. But I will defiantly keep that in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Hedgemaster
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
It doesn't display properly for me.

I'm viewing on an old Mac using an old version of Firefox.
I haven't checked it on my laptop though.

Blunt alert:
Speaking as a graphic designer, that first part with "we strive to provide you" is a horrible font choice. It's terribly hard to read. I understand the desire for a scripty/classy look, but that ain't it.

picframer
02-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Just constructive feedback:

I would change the green as it's very hard to read

Format needs work, page tabs should be easy to find and click on

I like the font for your company name, consider other fonts for your slogan etc

Hedgemaster
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Note that the page loads properly when viewed on my laptop with current version Firefox.

CHEESE2009
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Don't forget your sexy favicon!

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4905&d=1329769300

yourscape
02-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Note that the page loads properly when viewed on my laptop with current version Firefox.

Ok thank for the Info. I will see what the developer can do with the older versions veiwing the page.

yourscape
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
It doesn't display properly for me.

I'm viewing on an old Mac using an old version of Firefox.
I haven't checked it on my laptop though.

Blunt alert:
Speaking as a graphic designer, that first part with "we strive to provide you" is a horrible font choice. It's terribly hard to read. I understand the desire for a scripty/classy look, but that ain't it.

Heademaster I am supose to tell you update your firefox, that is a web developer biggest complaint. lol:rolleyes:

Fonts and colors are being changes. Thanks Guys

Hedgemaster
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Heademaster I am supose to tell you update your firefox, that is a web developer biggest complaint. lol:rolleyes:

Fonts and colors are being changes. Thanks Guys

Heh. Yeah, I would if I could, but I'm on the most current OS and Firefox version that my machine can use.

Not many people are running 10-15 year old computers these days. ;)