PDA

View Full Version : Sexy new Card!

CHEESE2009
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Take a look at this bad boy! Just ordered 10000000000 of them. With the glossy finish of course... ;)

Front
http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4902&d=1329639748

Back
http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4903&d=1329639748

We've come a long way forum...

old
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/haha.png

older
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/livepreviewaspx.gif

oldest
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/card001.jpg

CHEESE2009
02-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Oops... Every time I show you guys my new cards... I always post this video.. lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2sSJVIoDI78?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't want to forget!

knosaj
02-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Looks good. I like the idea of the note place on back

Steve
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Scott you do a lot of great experimenting!

What was your view on using a card that said starting at $65 a month? What were the pros and cons to using them? And what is your thought on why you got away from using that on your card?

CHEESE2009
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Scott you do a lot of great experimenting!

What was your view on using a card that said starting at $65 a month? What were the pros and cons to using them? And what is your thought on why you got away from using that on your card?

To be honest, that card looks fantastic with it's glossy finish! :D

I used this card as a cheap alternative to using fliers. I did pick up a lot of (crummy) business with them, but as I age one year I'm looking at it and now laughing at myself, "did I really make that piece of crap?" lol.

I will most likely be burning them some time soon, hahaha!

Offering free fall cleanups had actually worked out quite well for me, as I had picked up a lot of lawn clients for the full season. The only reason I will not be continuing it, is because there is no appreciation from the clients. I'm not saying I need to be appreciated, but if a client is going to complain about something out of my control, something that gives me a headache... forget it. That's the point it becomes exhausting, and discouraging.

Free does not equal generosity, it just means, "free, you better do it just as good as you would if I paid you or I'm going to murder you in your sleep". - Clients are more picky about free work than anything else!

/

ANYWAY, I have a feeling these new cards of mine will be sticking around for awhile. I started off sloppy, crazy, now kind of sleek. :D

Thanks guys!

tha5150
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
what movie is that? looks hilarious

Steve
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Offering free fall cleanups had actually worked out quite well for me, as I had picked up a lot of lawn clients for the full season. The only reason I will not be continuing it, is because there is no appreciation from the clients.

How do you feel going through this experience of using such a marketing method has effected your views on marketing? Has it changed the way you will market this year?

Also, since you have experimented with this, what advice do you have for the newer start up business owners when it comes to marketing methods that will help them find customers?

willshome
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
what movie is that? looks hilarious

American Psycho

CHEESE2009
02-26-2012, 06:12 AM
How do you feel going through this experience of using such a marketing method has effected your views on marketing? Has it changed the way you will market this year?

Also, since you have experimented with this, what advice do you have for the newer start up business owners when it comes to marketing methods that will help them find customers?

Nothing should ever be free, unless the advantage somehow makes you more money in the end.

In my case, I got tons of clients by offering free fall cleanups - but they aren't all the kind of clients I would expect to stick around. So it's a gamble.

If you've got the time and the expenses wont kill you, I'd say give it a shot early on just to build your clientele up, but don't get carried away.

A lot of people/clients jump on board when they get something for free, but take away their freebie and most of them might leave. The ones who do actually stick around are usually not half bad :p

I suppose you should be prepared for a difficult season, but it's the season after that counts.

EXAMPLE;

Imagine that you are a rich billionaire, and a really gorgeous woman is currently dating you.

SUDDENLY holy-shwhat!!!

You lose all your awesome money... :(

If the woman sticks around, you know it was never about the money or your amazing DVD collection :O ... <3

^ This lady is officially worth your time. Same goes for the client, but you can't fondle your clients.. yet.

Steve
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
In my case, I got tons of clients by offering free fall cleanups - but they aren't all the kind of clients I would expect to stick around. So it's a gamble.

For newer business owners reading this, what kinds of clients did you expect to stick around and since you have now been through this, do you feel there are other/possibly better ways to get the types of clients you want to stick around?

CHEESE2009
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
For newer business owners reading this, what kinds of clients did you expect to stick around and since you have now been through this, do you feel there are other/possibly better ways to get the types of clients you want to stick around?

I expected those who have hired previous lawn care companies to switch to my company, all because of this freebie. It worked, it just wasn't very pleasant to not have an income, yet still have to put up with nagging clients.

Even if I profit more next year because of any clients who plan on sticking with me, doing this free work at the time was tough (mentally). The theory of it works, but in practice you just feel miserable toughing through it, knowing you are slaving away for a little thing called 'hope'.

It's kind of like selling your soul. LOL.

+1 client
-1 sanity