PDA

View Full Version : JOHN DEERE 657 Zero Turn

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I been shopping for another mower and came across this Quiktrak Zero Turn Stand-On Mower. Its 23hp 54" 7 Iron II Deck and has 436 hours. The dealer was asking $3599. Said he would do $3000 cash and carry. There is no warranty on this.

I dont know much about Deere standers. Anyone have any insight?

Not actual picture but its just as clean.
http://cdn-2.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/NewVehicles/2010/NV106885_0.jpg

I checked out toros & simplicity and they wouldnt give me any deals on floor models from last year. I'm going to check out huslter and bad boy later this week.

picframer
02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I ran the 997 which is the diesel version, you can't beat the 7 Iron deck, the quality of cut is amazing. I see the units in your image around the city, most of the commercial guys either run Deere or Kubota, I also have a very close relationship with the Deere dealer and it's rare to see them in for repairs, just regular service.

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 06:53 PM
I dont know much about Deere standers. Anyone have any insight?

as to a stander you either like it or you hate it so make sure you test drive it before you take it home. The JD stander is more or less the Great Dane or the gravely unit with a stamped deck rather then the fab deck the other use. They used to own Great Dane(the start of the JD ztr units) who Ariens bought and shut down. They are still using the basic design from that time. As for stability they are solid units for the most part, just expect the parts to be jacked up for the green paint as with any jd product.