PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Walk Behind Mower

mac83
02-18-2012, 07:52 AM
i was wanting to know if anybody on here has a ( Lesco 48" com. Walk Behind Mower )

i am having problems with mine .Here is the problem

when i turn the key to the start point. and then go and pull the pull rope nothing happens . But if i diss connect the key switch i can then pull the stater rope and it starts. no to kill the mower i have to re attach the the key switch wire. i have tried to install a push button toggle button and it does nothing .

my key switch is a ( 1 term. 2 post. key switch )

and my local part's dealer does not carry the key switch that i need .

could it be my ( neutral switch )

any help would be nice . thanks in advance

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 10:21 AM
i was wanting to know if anybody on here has a ( Lesco 48" com. Walk Behind Mower )

i am having problems with mine .Here is the problem

when i turn the key to the start point. and then go and pull the pull rope nothing happens . But if i diss connect the key switch i can then pull the stater rope and it starts. no to kill the mower i have to re attach the the key switch wire. i have tried to install a push button toggle button and it does nothing .

my key switch is a ( 1 term. 2 post. key switch )

and my local part's dealer does not carry the key switch that i need .

could it be my ( neutral switch )

any help would be nice . thanks in advance

first off do you have a multimeter? if so I would test the key switch to start with then test the nutral and break switches.

what your describing does not make any sense to me it you change out a single pole switch it with a toggle it should operate the same as if you unpluged a wire and repluged it in.

mac83
02-18-2012, 12:28 PM
that is what i was thinking also about the key switch to a toggle switch .

so then i must be another part that is wrong

i will check with a meter and see what happens

thanks for you response and idea

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
remember though the engine likely kills by going to ground so the electrical system could seem backwards to you if you have not worked with a lot of kill circuits.

mac83
02-18-2012, 02:52 PM
ok so i just tested my ( netual safety switch ) and it ( Passed )

So the coulprt is pointing to my ( key switch ) after further testing

i am going to run a ( New ) kill toggle switch in and have it be a ( 2 post ) and one going to ground and one going to the main wire

and see what happens

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 03:29 PM
ok so i just tested my ( netual safety switch ) and it ( Passed )

So the coulprt is pointing to my ( key switch ) after further testing

i am going to run a ( New ) kill toggle switch in and have it be a ( 2 post ) and one going to ground and one going to the main wire

and see what happens

remember I said the engine should go to ground to kill it, the switch on the other hand could go to a relay. I unfortunatly do not have any experance with Lesco equipment, I have never even seen one on a trailer around here.

mac83
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
i will remember that thank you and the Lesco line of mowers are apart of John Deer

i will let you know what happens bout to go and runs some wires

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
i will remember that thank you and the Lesco line of mowers are apart of John Deer

i will let you know what happens bout to go and runs some wires

I was under the impression they were closer to a cub cadet for some reason. I am not sure if they are even still produced.

mac83
02-18-2012, 08:36 PM
LoL but they do still make the Lesco mowers they just came out with not to long ago a 2011 model

you can find the lesco models/mowers on the john deer website

i tried installing the new kill switch and that did not even work so i guess i am going to have to order a $22.00 key switch since that what it points out to be

wandfsmall
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
LoL but they do still make the Lesco mowers they just came out with not to long ago a 2011 model

you can find the lesco models/mowers on the john deer website

i tried installing the new kill switch and that did not even work so i guess i am going to have to order a $22.00 key switch since that what it points out to be

I will look into Lesco when I get a chance, I just found out that Murray(Briggs and stratton power products) was making the John Deere stuff at the box store, I had always been told it was in house at deere but apparently not. Hey at least they can say american made as it is produced in KY.

mac83
02-20-2012, 07:01 AM
thank god good old usa

yeah i have a sticker on my lesco mower it say's ( Made in America ) in big letters with a eagle

wandfsmall
02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
thank god good old usa

yeah i have a sticker on my lesco mower it say's ( Made in America ) in big letters with a eagle

I am pretty sure the lesco stuff does not come from the Murray facility but I could be wrong. I know the box store riders do though.

mac83
02-21-2012, 07:32 AM
i dont know anything about the ( Lesco ) line of mowers coming off of that line of b&s.

i do know that if anybody is looking for the ( Key switch ) that they can go here to order them ( http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Products/LESCO/ignition-switches-keys/Ignition-Switches/430504/56892/s )

they have some parts for the Lseco mower's but not a lot

so with parts being hard to find i might be looking a getting another mower next year