PDA

View Full Version : What is everyones opinion on Cub Cadet?

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I have been looking at Toro, Cub, Scag, Hustler, Exmark ect........ And i really feel like the Heavy Duty models and Professional models of Cub Cadet are a nice good looking mower for the price but I want some professional opinions.

My neighbor runs a 48 Cub and said he would not buy any other brand I also am going to be running all Echo any opinions???? Good and Bad???

thegroundscrew
02-17-2012, 07:10 PM
It all comes down to how much you wan't to spend and what type of commercial mower?

wandfsmall
02-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I have been looking at Toro, Cub, Scag, Hustler, Exmark ect........ And i really feel like the Heavy Duty models and Professional models of Cub Cadet are a nice good looking mower for the price but I want some professional opinions.

My neighbor runs a 48 Cub and said he would not buy any other brand I also am going to be running all Echo any opinions???? Good and Bad???

you might want to post models your looking at, cub makes decent ones and they also make bad ones.

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 09:26 AM
here is what you might want to post when asking about a mower.

Mower Model and size
Engine make model and size.
transmission make and model if you have it

Remember Cub(or any other mower brand name) for the most part does not make engines, the ones that they do not have a diffrent manufacture on them will be made in china and of expected quality of a made in china product.

dpld
02-18-2012, 09:49 AM
cub cadet is what it is and it is priced accordingly.
the bottome line is what can you afford but at the same time keep in mind that cub cadet is trying to make machines that pass off as a commercial mower but in fact all they are is glorified homeowner machines.

once again it is all based on what you can afford but you also have to weigh the option of spending a little more to get a better quality longer lasting machine.
cub cadet is not in the same league as a commercial scag, bobcat, exmark etc and anyone who says they are is probably not the person you want to take all your advice from.

i am not knocking anyone and in the end you will only be able to do what you can afford to do and ultimately you have to get all the factual information about each product and know what the difference's are.
a 24 hp 48" cub cadet zero turn is not the same as a 24 hp 48" exmark lazer z x, they may appear to have similar parts and peices but looks can be decieving.
of course there will be a difference in price by several thousand dollars but in the end you get what you pay for.
i would advise taking all the machines you are intrested in for a demo and most commercial mower sellers offer that and after you do that ride the cub cadet and then tell us if you think it is the same.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
you might want to post models your looking at, cub makes decent ones and they also make bad ones.

The commercial 32 walk behind or possibly the 33 (residential) walk behind for starters and if I like it in this business then I will be upgrading to the 48" commercial 0 turn tank.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
02-18-2012, 04:51 PM
cub cadet is what it is and it is priced accordingly.
the bottome line is what can you afford but at the same time keep in mind that cub cadet is trying to make machines that pass off as a commercial mower but in fact all they are is glorified homeowner machines.

once again it is all based on what you can afford but you also have to weigh the option of spending a little more to get a better quality longer lasting machine.
cub cadet is not in the same league as a commercial scag, bobcat, exmark etc and anyone who says they are is probably not the person you want to take all your advice from.

i am not knocking anyone and in the end you will only be able to do what you can afford to do and ultimately you have to get all the factual information about each product and know what the difference's are.
a 24 hp 48" cub cadet zero turn is not the same as a 24 hp 48" exmark lazer z x, they may appear to have similar parts and peices but looks can be decieving.
of course there will be a difference in price by several thousand dollars but in the end you get what you pay for.
i would advise taking all the machines you are intrested in for a demo and most commercial mower sellers offer that and after you do that ride the cub cadet and then tell us if you think it is the same.

Ooh WOW I didn't know you could demo a mower but it makes sense lol I mean just like buying a car right you should be able to test drive it before you buy it.

Well with that being said I appreciate it I actually almost bought the commercial 32 walk behind today. But on monday I will go shopping again with $$$ in hand so they know I am serious and not just window shopping!!!

wandfsmall
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM
The commercial 32 walk behind or possibly the 33 (residential) walk behind for starters and if I like it in this business then I will be upgrading to the 48" commercial 0 turn tank.

Engine choice is important on those a Briggs Intek or Professional engine will not last near as long as a Kawasaki engine for example. As for walks I recommend looking at the Bobcat, Hustler, Snapper, or Toro/Exmark units. In your area I have a feeling you will find Hustler the strongest as the distributor is currently a few miles from you in Virginia Beach.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
02-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Engine choice is important on those a Briggs Intek or Professional engine will not last near as long as a Kawasaki engine for example. As for walks I recommend looking at the Bobcat, Hustler, Snapper, or Toro/Exmark units. In your area I have a feeling you will find Hustler the strongest as the distributor is currently a few miles from you in Virginia Beach.

I guess thats why I see so many people running the Hustlers around here lol well maybe I need to stop into a few more shops and see what they say. Yeah from what I have been reading on here Kawasaki and Kohler are the best bet when it comes to the motors and thats the whole thing briggs have always been great when it comes to my mower and cuttin my grass on the weekend I know now is a whole different ball game but thanks for your imput as im trying to keep my initial investment under 3500k all inclusive being that if im not happy I wont be out to much but if I do enjoy it and want to go full time then I want a good platform so that I wont have to dig too deep into my pockets to finish up buying what I need!