PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Apps

jymie
02-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Do any of you guys use smart phones? If so,

what apps that are related to our industry are you using?
What are your thoughts on the app?
And what do you use the app for?

Hedgemaster
02-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Here's another thread on this topic...
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=15029&highlight=apps

My reply would still be the same as I posted there. ;)

wdcutter
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
not sure what you have for a phone. For the iphone I use:

Landscapers Companion: its like a book of plants, trees, shrubs and more and its updated fairly regular with new plants etc.

iscape: design software. Played around with it some, but it takes some getting used to, you can take pic of a property and insert pretty much anything onto the pic crop, save and show the potential customer a general idea of what it would look like.

techo-bloc: for hardscaping. Haven't used this one and am waiting to get the pace tool set-up on it. Alot of useful info on it, along with catalogs and estimators.

square: for credit card processing. used this one some and your money will be in you bank account in 2-3 business days. think its 2.75% on sale, no monthly fees or annual enrollments. Have to order the swipe thing but its free or its 3.??% if done manually.

Lawn & Landscape: magazine

home-depot have used this one a few times, it will take you to the nearest location to your job-site and once you find what your looking for and you click on it (ie landscape timbers) it will tell you what isle and how many they have instock, cost etc.

Google Earth

various other apps, bookmarks and podcast on everything green.

some of these are location based so that they'll give you local info pertaining to the areas your working in.

at some point I'm going to look into excel and some other office apps.

Hedgemaster
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I wish there was a Toilet app.

"There are 3 locations with restroom facilities nearby."

"Two of them are currently out of toilet paper."

:D

jymie
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
I wish there was a Toilet app.

"There are 3 locations with restroom facilities nearby."

"Two of them are currently out of toilet paper."

:D