PDA

View Full Version : Web Site

Blue Star Lawn Care
02-16-2012, 01:40 AM
I would like to have a web site for the business. However, I have no idea as far as what I need, how much I need, where to go, domain name, hosting, design. I searched the internet and there is alot of info and choices. Any help would be appreciated.

thegroundscrew
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I had http://www.nbmsllc.com/ create my website and I think they did a pretty good job. But it also comes down to what you want to spend. It cost me $450.00. What do you want to spend?

www.thegroundscrewllc.com

CHEESE2009
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I went with IPage (http://www.ipage.com/ipage/index.html).

Right now, they are charging $2.95/month.

They will most likely charge you for a full year in one shot.

You will also need to pay for a domain name once a year, about $9 give or take.

So in total it would be approx $44.40 / year.

I provided some screenshots of what's available.

NOTE: Press (CTRL) and (+) to increase the size of the pictures so you can see better :)

I personally just use their Wordpress feature...

Blue Star Lawn Care
02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Not really sure what I want to spend, I just want to make sure I get enough storage and everything I need. Thanks again.

jymie
02-16-2012, 08:13 PM
I built my own using FrontPage, an old dinosaur of a program, and load it into go-daddy hosting account. You can copy and paste stuff and it will make a code out of it. But any web editor program does that now. Its the first one I learned and just don't want to learn another one, even though I also have Adobe Dreamweaver on my computer. Go figure.

Ducke
02-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I made my site with Note Pad.
I used a cross of XHTML and style Sheets.
Check it out www.duckfoot.ca (http://www.duckfoot.ca)
let me know what you think

Blue Star Lawn Care
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks to jymie and Ducke for your input. Ducke, your site looks good. Notepad, huh. As far as design, I have no idea. Funny thing is, I have a degree in computer programming from 1980's. C, Pascal, and Basic, which are not really used now and are no help in web sites. I have been making my head spin trying to figure out who to go with. WAY too many options. Daughter is asleep, now I can continue to look.

CHEESE2009
02-16-2012, 10:46 PM
lmao Ducke, you've even got a countdown for spring on your site!

You really are as miserable with winter as I am... LMAO

love it

hansenslawncare
02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
I would like to have a web site for the business. However, I have no idea as far as what I need, how much I need, where to go, domain name, hosting, design. I searched the internet and there is alot of info and choices. Any help would be appreciated.

I will tell you without a question in my mind to check out Bryan Ring. He built my website Hansen's Lawn Care and he built his own lawn care website Ring Lawn Care.

I promise you won't find anyone else that will work as hard on your website as this guy. I'm not selling him I just know from personal experience that he'll do a great job on your site. Check mine out hansenslawncare.com and that will give you an idea of his quality.

Thanks

thegroundscrew
02-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Hansens Lawn Care what did Bryan Ring charge you for your site?

Steve
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
go daddy has the option of allowing you to install wordpress. Then once you do that, you can download a green industry word press theme. The hosting is cheap and there are many many free themes online to utilize.

Ducke
02-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks to jymie and Ducke for your input. Ducke, your site looks good. Notepad, huh. As far as design, I have no idea. Funny thing is, I have a degree in computer programming from 1980's. C, Pascal, and Basic, which are not really used now and are no help in web sites. I have been making my head spin trying to figure out who to go with. WAY too many options. Daughter is asleep, now I can continue to look.

I like working in HTML but like you it been a long time since I was in University.
I took web master certificate at a local Uni back in 97, So I like writing code in Notepad. I find it easy with Notepad and less distractions then some of the WYSIWYG software programs out there.

ringahding1
02-20-2012, 10:41 AM

That is a fair question via EMAIL..I will say this though, what I will do only for those in our industry for $1,000 off my normal price...

WILL BLOW YOUR MIND

Okay answers to your next question:

1) 5-pages

2) SEO all pages(except the contact page)

3) SEO all of your business listings you need to be successful locally

4) FREE THEME on me because I love my primary industry...Lawn Care!(Over 50 to choose from)

5) Tips on how to increase your website traffic(usually $65 per hour)

6) Give You Full access to edit your website

7) Site Map

8) Install WordPress (yes anybody can do this, but not everybody
understands just enough code to be successful)

9) Analytics-set up and monitor

10) Install the plug-ins for a successful campaign

11) Monthly updates with fresh content, photos, etc.( Seperate charge, once again VIA EMAIL or phone Quote )

12) Communicate with you via text, phone, email, Google hang-out. This way you get the most out of the experience and pages are to your satisfaction.

How many times have you read, "I cannot get a hold of my web guy" or "He said he was going to edit" "He won't give me domain back" ? Maybe none if you have no website

I will set up your account, where you have 100% access to it 24/7...The domain, hosting, and of course your website.

Richard ( Hansen's Lawn Care ) can confirm that I will share my knowledge of the industry, tips for better rankings/sustainability and ultimately a good looking site for customers to see when they visit.

hansenslawncare
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Sorry it took so long to write back "Groundscrew"

Well Bryan Ring will charges a lot less for guys in our industry, as opposed to those outside. I know I haven't given you a direct answer to your question, but it's definitely worth your time, or anyone else to at least contact Bryan and hear him out.

Check out my website and you can see a little bit of the quality work he does. Personally, my website was ranked 10 million in the world, then Ring fixed my site and it's ranked under 2 million. Plus I was on the first page of google within a month!

I'm not selling anyone, just giving out some valuable advice.

Thanks.