PDA

View Full Version : golf tournament hole

stevef1201
02-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to start this but:

Has anyone ever 'sponsored' a hole at a golf tournament?
Do you get any real advertising effect out of it, or just a tax write off?

My daughter has asked me sponsor a hole in the upcoming Knights of Columbus tournament being held here, a small town of about 20 K people, and I was wondering if it would really do any good.

Steve
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Can you explain a little about what that marketing does for you? What does
'sponsoring a hole' entitle. Also who will you be reaching out to and how many people will see it?

bruces
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
how many golfers ? how much to sponsor ? I would think that the vast majority of the golfers,wouldnt even bother to take notice of any sponsorship ,unless your going to wow them with a fantastic prize .I am not a golfer ,but have played in and won a few prizes at golf tourneys ,yet couldnt tell you a single sponsors name other than the sponsor who gave away the car .It would have to be very well attended and or very cheap for me to get involved .

thegroundscrew
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I work at a country club in Medina, WA so I know all about this. If you really want to go big you can either do both of my suggestions or pick from one depending on how much you want to spend. But first of all you can get tons of dozens of titleist pro v1 golf balls with your logo on it. You can give a sleeve of three away to each player and inside the sleeve of balls you can have your business card or at least your contact number. Also, if you host a hole you should definitly be the sponsor of a par three. You can have a closest to the pin contest and whoever gets the closet gets a free total landscape maintenace for one year. If I were you I would do both even though it can be pricey but it could be quite beneficial. What do you think?

Lake Area Turf
02-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Ive been an Ast. G.C. Superintendent for over 10 years. This is just my opinion.

Usually the golf hole you will be sponsoring is for a corporate or fund raising event. From 15 + years of dealing with these tourneys i would say 90% of the players at the tourney DO NOT play golf on a regular basis. After they take their clubs out of the trunk the put their brains in for the day.:p In my opinion, dont bother theyre out of the the office and or getting hammered so they probably wont notice the little sign next to the tee. If you decide to give away pro v 1 golf balls with logos, they'll be in the pond or woods before they leave the property only to be found by my high school and college employees who dont have property or money to spend.

Im sorry i have to call it like i see it, and i truely have seen it. best of luck...

stevef1201
02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Thats pretty much what I thought thanks