PDA

View Full Version : Depressing Weather

Ducke
02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Well once again the storm that never was.
It's getting down right depressing. Everyone got snow except us.
I mean everyone around HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality) got 10, 20, 30cm of nice white snow but here in HRM rain then freezing rain.
Like how is a guy to make a living here.
:mad:"COME ON MOTHER NATURE CUT A GUY A BREAK":mad:

CHEESE2009
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning Ducke.

coffee is ready
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG/275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

With all this free time, I've been doing my best to keep distracted with videogames that rot my brain. Even my assistant is wishing for snow, as he is growing extremely bored.

Winter is a love hate relationship.

willshome
02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't feel bad they said I would get 3" to 5". It snowed almost all day with none sticking. I hate watching it snow and my plow just sitting there costing me money

CS-LawnService
02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I am in the same boat you are snow here but only thing its sticking to is grass

CHEESE2009
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I keep forgetting that all of you charge per visit when it comes to snow clearing right?

I guess I don't have it so bad. I'm really just bored out of my mind.

Ducke
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I've been busy cooking and freezing.
I kept the carcase from the Christmas turkey and last weekend made 3 gal's of Turkey soup Then Wednesday I made 3 gal's of home baked Beans and to day I made 3 gal's of Chilli. This week I think I will cook up a pork roast and make pulled pork to put in the freezer as well. I might even make some home made bread tomorrow. God I'm getting fat just thinking of all this food ..............
It sure is good in the summer when your tired after a long days work to just throw something in the microwave . No fuss no bother and it tastes real good.

picframer
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM
I keep forgetting that all of you charge per visit when it comes to snow clearing right?

I guess I don't have it so bad. I'm really just bored out of my mind.

You pretty much have to Scott as you can't predict the winters here in Halifax, some years I have never dropped a plow, others you seemed to be out twice a week.

Today was a big money maker offering salting/sanding, simply go door to door, the ice is so thick after the storm yesterday today is one of those days people who do not even know you say yes.

JeffK26
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Same here. It has snowed twice and neither had any significant accumulation.

It's been a day of 30 degrees, then a week near 50 and keeping that pattern.

We're supposed to get snow tomorrow/tomorrow night, but one local channel says one inch another says 2 inches and another says 2 to 4 inches, so who really knows. It'll probably be sunny and 80 degrees the way this winter has been going.

jklawncare
02-12-2012, 11:53 PM
usually our winters are just slammed with lots of snow..but this year there is NOTHING..its almost like it is still fall..

im right at the edge of lake michigan too so we usually get hit alot..glad i didn't invest in the plow like i wanted to this year..

Hedgemaster
02-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Same story in Pittsburgh. 40s and 50s and then we dropped to about 20 a few days ago and got 3-5" with high winds.
I shoveled 2 driveways Saturday. That makes FOUR driveways this winter so far. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to start whoring myself out if this keeps up. :D

CS-LawnService
02-13-2012, 03:58 AM
and then the tranny went out on the wifes truck and i had to buy her a Car (yuck)