PDA

View Full Version : Despite the cost, busy families, retirees turn to

Steve
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
This trend seems to be expanding. More and more people want to have their lawns serviced by a professional.

How old would you say your average customer is?

Despite the cost, busy families, retirees turn to pros to cut grass (http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/NEWS01/704290324/1006) - Tara Pittarelli, co-owner ** along with husband, Anthony ** of Endicott-based Greenskeeper Landscaping and Lawncare, said judging by the growth of their business, it seems many people think lawn services are worth the costs. The Pittarelli business has grown in 13 years from being run out of Anthony's parent's garage to having more than 200 commercial and residential customers throughout the greater Binghamton area handled out of a Union Center Highway office.

"It seems people are trying to spend more time with each other," she said. And because they are so busy during the week, they are forgoing the traditional chore of caring for the lawn.

"Seems like a weird ongoing trend," she said.

The majority of her customers are 45 and older, said Pittarelli.

tiedeman
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM
My average customers age is between 40-50 years of age. They are the ones that have a family or busy work schedule

TigerTime
06-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ June 28 2007,5:25)]My average customers age is between 40-50 years of age. *They are the ones that have a family or busy work schedule
This is true for me here in Memphis. The major part of my jobs are for those that we retired.
My oldest customer is 83 years young.

tiedeman
06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Now see for my older customers, most of them are application customers only. They also constantly call all the time wondering why their lawn is doing that or this. It can be a pain at times, but they are the fastest paying customers.