PDA

View Full Version : Pet poo remova ??? -anyone?

knosaj
02-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Yea yea it was a theme for a king of he hill episode, but.

How many of y'all offer this verses just running it over?

Maybe a first time clean up fee, depending on amount, then a weekly upcharge added to the weekly service? I saw someplace on here (man this site is awesome!) that he was charging $10 a week.

Or is it just part of the typical service?

Thoughts?

JeffK26
02-11-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't offer it as a stand alone service, but if a mowing customer wants me to it's a $10-$20 charge each week depending on the number and size of dogs.

I have a dog so I pick it up anyway so it's not a big deal, so it's basically an extra $40-$80 per customer per month.

willshome
02-11-2012, 08:35 AM
If you are mowing the yard you should do dog cleanup. Making $5-$20 is much better then cleaning it off your wheels and shoes think about your trucks & next customer

shadrach
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Johnny_boy02 I think does it as a stand alone service. I think the thread it was in was for a franchise called DoodyCalls?

CHEESE2009
02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Picking up crap isn't easy. Once you get paid for it, you might get stuck until you get every last piece.

I'd put a disclosure saying that you only pic up what will be in your way, for when you mow. This way you don't have the client riding your back with a magnifying glass saying, "You missed one, you missed another".

Let's not forget how time consuming it can be. If you have several lawns to get done per day, you could easily lose track of time and get screwed over.

The problem with this, is you want to make the most money for your time. If you spend an hour picking up crap for $10-20, I'd consider that a waste of time you could use mowing another lawn. If you want to make the post of your time, you would be charging too much for the client to actually hire you. Though, this is limited to my experience.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-11-2012, 01:59 PM
what a **** job.

Hedgemaster
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
If you are mowing the yard you should do dog cleanup. Making $5-$20 is much better then cleaning it off your wheels and shoes think about your trucks & next customer

If I'M mowing a yard the CLIENT should do the poo cleanup.

I clean up my own yard - I'm not picking up after Poopsy Poopsalot too - especially if they are feeding it cheap food and it's like "soft serve".

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not cleaned up prior - I don't mow.

nickeckes
02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
We got a business here in WI thats called DOG GONE CLEAN. . they pick up dog poop and also have a big truck(like a bread truck) to do dog grooming/ dog baths at your house. . i have no clue what they charge. .

I got 3 big dogs. . 2 labs and 1 Bernese MT. Dog. . I just pay my 19 year old brother who's in college to come over 1 time a month for 20 bucks lol . . what college kid can turn down 20 bucks. . .

i think there might be a market for this. for the elderly people that cant get out of the house. . .

my father in-law has 3 big dogs also. and he uses a craftsman shop vac. to suck everything up, puts a heavy duty garbage bag in the bottom and sucks away!

Johnny_boy02
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Johnny_boy02 I think does it as a stand alone service. I think the thread it was in was for a franchise called DoodyCalls?

Yep, I started just offering pet waste removal and that led to lawn service.

shadrach
02-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Yep, I started just offering pet waste removal and that led to lawn service.

Thinking about trying it as add-on this year for current customers & see how it goes.