PDA

View Full Version : Chamber of Commerce

WeedTerminatorTom
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
My new business cards arrived! Now I'm armed and ready to market! Have any of you tried the Chamber of Commerce? I dropped in a few weeks ago to ask what they might do to help me promote my business, and went ahead with a membership to try it out. Tonight there's a networking mixer. Theme: Hawaiian Luau, and dress code: Hawaiian Shirts. Wish me luck!

willshome
02-09-2012, 07:22 PM
It's great your networking. Hawaiian Shirts thats funny, i wear them when its real hot out because my business shirts are just to hot.

TiedemanLLC
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Our local chamber I tried years and years ago. I only lasted one year with them because I found they gave special treatment to only those that had store fronts . They didn't really involved home based businesses. It seemed like I was always last to know.

The other issue that I had with our local chamber is that they were run by a woman that owned and lived in a totally different city 15 miles away. I didn't think that it was right that someone that owned a business in a different city should be running "our" city's chamber.

Steve
02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Tonight there's a networking mixer.

Let us know how this works out.

WeedTerminatorTom
02-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, I didn't make it to the Hawaiian shirt mixer because of traffic, but there happened to be another one closer by, which I attended. I exchanged a few cards, got some compliments on my logo/business name, but not much other than that. Good chance to practice my "30-second commercial."

Steve
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I would figure most of the people there would have some kind of commercial property maintenance needs. Who knows, maybe you will get some calls from it.

Do you think you would do it again?