PDA

View Full Version : payments

DJSOUTDOORSERVICES
02-08-2012, 09:58 PM
does anyone use the go payment or something like it for your smart phone?

willshome
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Most of my customers are not home when I do the work. I put invoice in door and they mail it to me before the next week. I don't see the cost paying off

mark123
02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I accept checks and include an addressed envelope with my invoices at the end of the month. There is no reason for me to give a percentage to a credit company.

Steve
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
and include an addressed envelope with my invoices at the end of the month

Do you put postage on it or is that something you would advise against?

mark123
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM

No. mostly because they get lost or thrown away and some people use "bill pay" from their bank. It's just to encourage payment.

willshome
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM

I don't, some put it out for me to get the next time or the check is waiting for me and I leave the invoice in my printed envelope. None of the bills I get are postage paid, but I am not high end for $35 you get alot from me but not that. I think it breaks down to 20% check is there wait for me. 10% put it out for next time. 70% mail it to me. Most are very good about paying on time.

Hedgemaster
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Last year I was looking into "Square" (SquareUP?)

I had been reading mixed to poor reviews, so I held off.
Most people pay at time of service, but it WOULD be nice to be able to accept a credit card.

TiedemanLLC
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes I have go payment on my phone. Unfortunately because of the type of Blackberry I have the card reader won't work, so I have to manually enter in the information. It's handy and fast.