PDA

View Full Version : Relocating and Starting Up

stck2mlon
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
My wife and I had our second son just before Christmas! After having several weeks off with my family, I realized that I am ready for a better quality of life, closer to our family and away from congested freeways, overcrowding in schools, and an overall environment that we have decided isn't suitable for the lives we wish to provide for our boys. Therefore, we will be relocating to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire!

Our company, All Green Thumbs, is a high quality lawn care service. Our central focus is on basic services pertaining to lawn care including mowing, fertilizing, seasonal cleanups, and winterizing. In winter months we will offer snow plowing as well. Our goal and mission is to provide the highest quality service possible while maintaining a personal touch with our clients. Our vision is to bring forward-thinking, organic, environmentally conscious lawn and garden care to the Lakes Region and Southern New Hampshire.

Check us out at www.allgreenthumbs.com and @allgreenthumbs!

Steve
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Congratulations on your new son and business!

What kinds of things will you be doing now to get your new business going?

stck2mlon
02-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi Steve!

Well, I got licensed and insured in NH, created a website, Twitter account, Facebook account, advertised in church bulletin, created a direct mailer, walked door to door, made business cards, and just about anything else I could think of!

I have already won 2 snow clearing awards for the local high school and a gated community. I am going to bid on the communities mowing and planting needs soon.

The bidding on the commercial side has me freaked out. Maybe this board could net me some suggestions. Since it is only me, I have a spreadsheet of all of my costs, etc. I charge about .0024 cents per sq. ft. and it seems to work out well numbers wise. I just don't know if that works out for a commercial job. Suggestions?

Chris

Steve
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
The bidding on the commercial side has me freaked out.

Why not just make a post of the jobs in the bidding section of the forum (http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38) and see what others would advise?