PDA

View Full Version : SLT Trucks!

thegroundscrew
02-02-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.superlawntrucks.com/ Check these out these landscape trucks they are indcredible. Imagine having one of these. What do you guys think of them?

mark123
02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Way too big for my needs but I can see how they would help a larger company. Good stuff.

Upscale2
02-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Nice, but where do you put grass clippings and other debris. In the cab?

mark123
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM

One of the options: "Debris Dumper - Side Dumping - 2.5 and 5 Cubic Yard Sizes Available. Heavy Duty cab/chassis required". It goes between the cab and the body.

mark123
02-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I went through the building process and here is a picture of the debris dumper. See attachment.

dpld
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
they are nice units but are way too much money for what it can do for you.

i would still rather have the dump truck and enclosed trailer set up for larger debris capacity as well as more tool capacity.

if it is a normal maintenance job and we are also mulching why we are there i can either go with the mulch and equipment or i can unhook the trailer and the guys still work and then get the mulch.

in the fall with leaves i need capacity and that little dumper would not cut it and i would fill that thing on a normal day 4 times with grass clippings.

if i was able to let everything fly and had on site debris disposal like woods or something it would be a real sweet rig, but i almosted pissed my pants when i saw the price tag.
most of the trucks they use are the cab over styles like the isuzu and mitsubishi and i owned a isuzu at one time and that style truck sucks and if you have a bad back it will kill you when you drive it.

i used to drive down the highway thinking that if i hit something the order of impact would be 1. whatever i hit 2. glass ( the windsheild ) 3. my face.

i think it would be self defeating if you had to have a second truck driving behind you to carry the debris.

eMCeeW
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
In just my observations I have never ever seen a company using these. I personally think the idea is great. Security, weather protection, no trailer licence, the pros go on; however, as mentioned above, I would need another truck that I can haul stuff in that I wouldn't want in the enclosed truck. Plus you can't put a plow on it. If you like this setup I would suggest "making" your own from a used ryder truck and putting a dovetail type ramp on it yourself...I think if this would be practical for what you are doing it would be a very nice set up. I would like a truck with a rolling tool box and all those "things" you wish you had on go.

Steve
02-03-2012, 02:56 AM
i owned a isuzu at one time and that style truck sucks and if you have a bad back it will kill you when you drive it.

Why is that? Is it the suspension that is bad or what about the design made the driving suck? Or maybe was it getting in and out of it? I never drove one so I don't have any clue on it.

CHEESE2009
02-03-2012, 07:38 AM

I lol'd. hahaha!

Don't get this truck, it's "too good to be true".

Think about when it comes to parking, and then letting the ramp come out... You'd take up an entire street, and you're forced to have it at that straight angle. Not to mention you need room to drive your machine(s) off...

A trailer, you can angle yourself so that you aren't taking so much space...

MY PEEVE: look how long it takes for the ramp to extend out... 10+ seconds, screw that!

dpld
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Why is that? Is it the suspension that is bad or what about the design made the driving suck? Or maybe was it getting in and out of it? I never drove one so I don't have any clue on it.

the cab sits right above the front wheels and every bump goes through your spinal cord.
getting in and out of them can be bothersome as well as everytime you need to check the fluid levels you have to tilt the cab and everything in the cab falls all over the place.

parts cost more as well as some models have odd part combinations, for example: the isuzu npr that has a 5.7 efi gas engine, is equiped with a general motors 350 small block and GM transmission.
everything else is japanese and the gm motor and transmission was modified around the slightly different electrical systems between american and japanese cars.

well, lets say it was not a match made in heaven as well as when you need engine parts or trans parts you have better luck going into a part store telling them it is a gm 3500 series truck because if you say isuzu they will look at you like a alien as well as tell you all the parts they list for are for a isuzu trooper.
everything else you will have to go get raped by the dealer for and wait two weeks for parts.

every person who buys one will think it is the best thing since sliced bread and you look at someone like myself and say you must of bought a bad one or did not take care of it.
then after a couple years driving it and after a few repairs you will be like why did i buy this peice of crap.

you have been warned and if you buy one you will only have yourself to blame.

dpld
02-03-2012, 08:47 AM
I lol'd. hahaha!

Don't get this truck, it's "too good to be true".

Think about when it comes to parking, and then letting the ramp come out... You'd take up an entire street, and you're forced to have it at that straight angle. Not to mention you need room to drive your machine(s) off...

A trailer, you can angle yourself so that you aren't taking so much space...

MY PEEVE: look how long it takes for the ramp to extend out... 10+ seconds, screw that!

you are correct and i also forgot to mention what you touched on.
if you want a truck like this just get a used 16 to 18 foot cutaway van with a dovetail ramp set up and you will save yourself 45 to 50 k.

mark123
02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
It is definitely too big to be efficient.

Edward36
02-04-2012, 01:10 AM
I like the trucks but way to much money.The guy running it Tony Bass put out a pod cast they're a kind of good. They got some good point