PDA

View Full Version : Forclosed Homes contract

txst81
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I have read post on this subject and have found that most people who mow foreclosed homes are working for a sub contracter that works for the bank. Well I have a meeting with the actually person with the bank who gets contracted out. Basically Im cutting out the mioddle man. So my question is how much should I charge and know before I have the meeting. I figure they have to pay a lot per yard if they normally have to pay out a middle man. Thanks for any help. This web site has tought me so much in the past year thanks to everyone.

Ducke
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
I have read post on this subject and have found that most people who mow foreclosed homes are working for a sub contractor that works for the bank. Well I have a meeting with the actually person with the bank who gets contracted out. Basically I'm cutting out the middle man. So my question is how much should I charge and know before I have the meeting. I figure they have to pay a lot per yard if they normally have to pay out a middle man. Thanks for any help. This web site has tough me so much in the past year thanks to everyone.

Well I was lucky were as I found out up front that the collection agencies had a budget of $60.00 per lawn (a little inside info) so I quoted $40.00 and $45.00 for the two I did last year which by the way I would have charge any ways.
Just quote them like any other customer.If you don`t get it at that rate its not worth getting.

Johnny_boy02
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
I have read post on this subject and have found that most people who mow foreclosed homes are working for a sub contracter that works for the bank. Well I have a meeting with the actually person with the bank who gets contracted out. Basically Im cutting out the mioddle man. So my question is how much should I charge and know before I have the meeting. I figure they have to pay a lot per yard if they normally have to pay out a middle man. Thanks for any help. This web site has tought me so much in the past year thanks to everyone.

Cutting out the "middle man" is great but you may be giving up on quantity to make an extra $20. If you have many small banks in your area it may work out.

If you are going after say Bank of America work they will pass you over and give the work to the company that will take everything ie: initial cuts, re-cuts, trash outs, repairs, lock changes, cash for keys, etc in a 150 square mile over a 1 guy operation than can only cut lawns in a 15 mile radius.

I have no problem giving up 1/3 of the payment to a company. They know me and what I am capable of, they filter the huge jobs to other people and I am left with what I can handle. They deal with the bank, they fairly bid jobs since the higher the bid the more they make, they deal with any hazardous materials, etc.

To me its worth it to skip the hassle.

Good luck!

Steve
02-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Can you go with your normal rate when performing lawn care?

Keep us posted on how your meeting goes.