PDA

View Full Version : New Rican here

KANO
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello people, thanks for letting me be part of the forum. I'm really a woodworker by trade. But, cause of the construction industry being how it is I'm out of a JOB . So I Started a Lawn Care Business. MAYBE it will lead to better pastures, MAYBE!!! There's no way it can get worst!! Anywho, I like Woodsmithing, Lawnsmithing and Fishing.:):) I'm here to learn from you guys. Everyone says, " More heads, more thinking power"! My business name? Don't want to say yet 'till I get it Copy Righted or what ever. I have a lot of questions, so guys please bare with me. THANKS!!

stevef1201
01-31-2012, 11:23 AM
do the lawn mowing to get money, but upsell everyone on your woodowrking skills. I have seen things as simple a flower box about 10 feet long, 2 feet wide made out of some kind of wood I dont know what, sell for over $1000. Now that was to a restuarant downtown, but good woodworking skills can make a ton of money

Steve
02-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of word working do you enjoy most?

KANO
02-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, I do all kinds of woodworking. From Hi-end cabinetry to cheap kitchen cabs, from Framing to trimming. I can frame homes or do the finishing trim; like Crown molding and door trim. Fine furniture or kitchen cabinets. So if it's made of wood I can do it! But like I said; " The construction business been down hill " and going" I'm out a job". So hopefully this lawn industry is better. I need to pay my bills.:D

Sprinkler Buddy
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, another FL boy. :)

KANO
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks friend.Yeah I'm from Florida. Love the weather, it's about 70 degrees right now. It helps a little, but it's dry season and a lot of folks don't want to water the lawn so it's slow right now.

KANO
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
do the lawn mowing to get money, but upsell everyone on your woodowrking skills. I have seen things as simple a flower box about 10 feet long, 2 feet wide made out of some kind of wood I dont know what, sell for over $1000. Now that was to a restuarant downtown, but good woodworking skills can make a ton of money

Thanks for the info Steve. Yeah I'm on it. But I need to make time, that I don't have. I also work as a driver for Dominos Pizza at night. So I do the lawn thing early and the driving at night.

willshome
02-10-2012, 06:52 AM
one very easy up sale is power washing, staining & repairing decks. Many People don't want to spend money right now but if it can save them big money down the road they will.