PDA

View Full Version : LEO Plow

DJSOUTDOORSERVICES
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
hey everyone just had a quick question. i just bought a 94 chevy 3500 with a Leo plow on it and i was wondering if anyone had any idea what kind of pump is in there and where i could find parts for it, also when i raise the plow up or side to side the lights dim out and the voltage meter drops from about 14 volts to about 9 volts and then goes right back up to where its supposed to be at.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

hansenslawncare
01-29-2012, 10:24 PM
yeah you should check truckutilities.com they're located in Maplewood/St.Paul area...hope that helps

bruces
01-29-2012, 10:52 PM
it takes a fair amount of hydro to operate the plow ,so some voltage drop is to be expected ,the condition and quality of the cables and connections and cables should be checked if its excessive .

DJSOUTDOORSERVICES
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
When I have the radio and headlights on and operate the plow the radio cuts out and the battery light comes on sometimes. It has a new alternator but I'm wondering if they put a cheap one in there just to run the truck, I dont see any markings on the alternator for how many amps it is

bruces
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
chances are if the alternator was installed just to sell the truck it is a cheap one ,another thing not mentioned earlier is the battery might not be up to snuff as well .

Steve
01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
This video is overkill as far as amp producing alternators go (400 amps) but it does show you how to test amp output from an alternator.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/poDPzp0Md1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>