PDA

View Full Version : Mixing politics with your lawn care invoice?

Steve
04-10-2007, 04:14 AM
What's your take on this? A lawn care company inserted a flyer in their invoice to solicit donations to an anti-abortion "charity?"

Have you ever heard of this before?

What's your take on mixing politics and business?

Hey, You Got Your Abortion In My Lawn Care! (http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2005/11/hey-you-got-your-abortion-in-my-lawn.html) - There are a staggering number of lawn-mowing services in this city, and we've used the same one for almost seven years.

When I opened their latest bill last week, a flyer popped out, soliciting donations for an anti-abortion "charity."

Wow. Didn't see that coming.

My first thought was A lot of people mow lawns in this city. Within half an hour, my lawn mowning service was my ex-lawn mowing service, and I look happily forward to bills free of abortion politicking in the future.

I would have had the same reaction if it had been a flyer soliciting donations for the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL). It wasn't the position, it was the insertion of politics. Even a solicitation for a true, non-political charity would have have been fine. I just don't want politics mixed in with my grass clippings.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Mixing political hot button issues with your bills is just asking to get fired. Never mix the two.

tiedeman
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I can't believe that I never read this before. That is just crazy! I make sure to never talk politics with customers.