PDA

View Full Version : Weed Terminator Flyer Feedback Please

WeedTerminatorTom
01-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Here's one iteration of my flyer so far. What do you think?
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s367/RascalTom/WeedTerminatorFlyer.jpg

Thanks,
Tom

WeedTerminatorTom
01-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Still working on my Facebook page, website, and business card. For this flyer I used Photoshop, and also have Illustrator and all kinds of good Adobe Software I don't even know how to use, in the CS5.5 suite. Got plenty of time to learn now :]

TiedemanLLC
01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
I think asking the client for photos, approximate size, etc is asking too much of them. I know that you are trying to save time and money by getting right to the point, but I think you are asking a lot of the client. Most will look at it, and just say forget it, it's not worth the hassle.

You have a good starting point. Now in regards to the email, what happens when the year turns 2013? The 2012 will be outdated and look bad. Perhaps get a different email setup.

WeedTerminatorTom
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Tiedman,

I think you're right. I haven't started widely distributing these flyers, so not much damage done yet, lol. I thought I would be softening the request with the words" if possible," but I think you're right, it'll just be viewed as too much of a hassle. What do you think of the colors?

I've also created weedterminatortom@gmail.com. Now to figure out how to get email from weedterminator2012 forwarded.

Further iterations to come!
Tom

jymie
01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Tiedman,

I think you're right. I haven't started widely distributing these flyers, so not much damage done yet, lol. I thought I would be softening the request with the words" if possible," but I think you're right, it'll just be viewed as too much of a hassle. What do you think of the colors?

I've also created weedterminatortom@gmail.com. Now to figure out how to get email from weedterminator2012 forwarded.

Tom

You could use an email client to forward email from various accounts to one account. I use Incredimail (http://www.incredimail.com/english/home.aspx)to do just this.

TiedemanLLC
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Tiedman,

Tom

I personally like the flyer. I like the font, and the colors. It looks very clean. I would only change what I mentioned before.

Leon
01-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Nice start, I will make you a postcard/flyer with the Info you have. I like doing it you can check mine out on my website I did that myself also.
www.envisionlawn.com

I get my postcards printed for $225 (5000) 2 sided full gloss color.

WeedTerminatorTom
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok, how's this?

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s367/RascalTom/WeedTerminatorFlyer2.jpg

WeedTerminatorTom
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
I meant to replace the above image with this one, email address updated...

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s367/RascalTom/WeedTerminatorFlyer2-1.jpg

Steve
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Tom,

Very creative flyer.

I know you have already changed this, but I wanted to know if you could explain your thought on asking the customer for pictures and such? Even asking them for a description of the area?

How do you feel that helps you? How does that help sales?

Also, what is your view on the benefits of having a facebook page and not having a business website?

WeedTerminatorTom
01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Steve,
Thanks. I asked for a pic/description of the area so that I might find out what kind of vegetation the potential customer needs cut down**tree saplings, brush, grass, blackberry bushes, etc. I'd like to be prepared as far as what gear/blades to bring. I'll just bring it all in my truck-mounted toolbox and be ready. I also meant to ask the approximate size of the property, so I could gauge whether it was too much to bite off and chew. I would love to about an acre/football field-size, even on a hillside, which will take a day or two. If it's too large an area, better to use a tractor/disc. I may branch out into that in the coming years, but for now, I'm starting small. I'm still figuring out how much to charge, as well. I can also ask these qualifying questions when customers call. Thanks Steve.
As for the flyer, I'm thinking over whether I will go with a darker color scheme with gradients, or a more simplified, brighter one with the yellow and green mentioned in Cheese's earlier post as one of the more successful color combos...What do you think?

WeedTerminatorTom
01-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I've also gotten in touch with a friend about getting a website up with my own domain name. I think a facebook page is good to have, where I could post a few less formal things, like stories of recent jobs, biographical info, like a pipe dream or two...There's a property on a hill in the area I'll be servicing, where I lived as a kid on a ranch, with good memories of riding horses and taking care of all kinds of animals. One day, I'd love to be able to buy that property, build a home and give some kids in the foster care system some good memories like I was given. I think it would be fine to post that kind of thing on a facebook page, but would it be alright to include it on a professional business website? I'm sure a creative way could be found, but I think the two distinct venues are good, too.
Weed Terminator Tom

Leon
01-30-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't think that you should post a "pipe dream" story on facebook or a website. Once you do that you are telling the potential customers hay look I am a small guy. Keep the two separate personal/business don't make your company look like a one man show. You can tell your "pipe dream" story to the potential client once they become your customer. Don't make the potential customer do work to get you to come out and work. Once they call tell them you can come out for an free estimate. Think about it if you call company A and they ask you to do this and that before they come out and then you call company B and they say we can come out and give you a free estimate WHO are you going to deal with. Bottom line while you are waiting for that pic I am doing the job....REAL TALK

Steve
02-01-2012, 02:01 AM
I gotta say, I love your creativity and all your thoughts.

One of the things that was really interesting to me was how you wanted to question the customer and pre-qualify them on the phone.

The thing I wonder about doing that is, when you are getting started, is it more important to pre-qualify a customer or is it more important to get out there and meet with them and work on your sales presentation. Each time you get a chance to meet a customer on their property, it's like an actor getting a chance to perform on stage. You are getting a chance to hone your craft and work out your sales presentation and get better doing it.

If you pull up to a job and it seems too big, why not simply big the job per hour and have it so the customer can stop you at any time if they feel they want you to stop. That way, you can show them what you can do and have an open ended job to be finished over a period of time. It will not only make you money, but it will also teach you how much time it will take you to perform such jobs.

Later as your business grows and your time is more valuable and you know what your ideal customer is, would it then be better to pre-qualify a customer to see if they fit your ideal?

willshome
02-04-2012, 01:34 AM
I like your flyer but maybe you should make your # smaller and make what you do BIGGER to draw them in? I love pics on flyers they say 1,000 words. Maybe before/after?

WeedTerminatorTom
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Ok, I revamped my flyer with my new colors, logo, and contact info. What do you think?

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s367/RascalTom/WeedTerminatorFlyer3.jpg

willshome
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
looks good, I would put them out and see how they work

WeedTerminatorTom
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I've put one in the library where I plan to do business, and one in the Chamber of Commerce. We've got raind lately, but when it clears up, I'll be going door-to-door with business cards.

willshome
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
b-cards are so small I like postcards or door hangers
here $20 gets you 500 shipped to you
http://print.staples.com/postcards.aspx?cid=PS%3aMS%3aCP%3aCP%3aE%3a28%3a82 90%3apostcards&GP=2%2f4%2f2012+3%3a13%3a06+PM&GPS=2341822277&GNF=0&GPLSID=&rd=2

but look around