PDA

View Full Version : no soliciting

jford1995
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
okay so ive heard that door hangers are one of the best was to advertise and ive been going around to local neighborhoods and counting the houses in it to see how many are in the neighborhood so i know how to split up my door hangers. when i counted one today i noticed as i was leaving the neighborhood there was a sign saying no soliciting in that case how can you advertise in that neighborhood with out getting in trouble?

stevef1201
01-28-2012, 07:03 PM
You Can't. However I have done it anyhow, when / if someone calls and bitches tell the the guys you hired to put out door hangers most have not ween the sign, and you will be right over to collect them. Say sorry yadda yadda yadda, then go over in efw days to collect any you see. By that time of course the homeowners will have picked them off thier doors. Put them out on friday, so that they are there untill at least monday

CHEESE2009
01-28-2012, 10:57 PM
You Can't. However I have done it anyhow, when / if someone calls and bitches tell the the guys you hired to put out door hangers most have not ween the sign, and you will be right over to collect them. Say sorry yadda yadda yadda, then go over in efw days to collect any you see. By that time of course the homeowners will have picked them off thier doors. Put them out on friday, so that they are there untill at least monday

and that's exactly how it's done!

lol, good answer.

JeffK26
01-29-2012, 12:21 AM
You shouldn't really. I put a yard sign out in front of those types of neighborhoods so as they leave they'll see it.

I avoid those neighborhoods out of respect because I know how I would feel if I got home and saw a flyer when there shouldn't be any. I would go out of my way to NOT hire a company such as that. Plus it's a bad sign, the company could be the best out there BUT my first impression is the company can't respect that my neighborhood doesn't want solicitors.

I actually got a residential snow removal account by walking up with a flyer, seeing a no soliciting sign and turning around and walking away. The homeowner was home and stopped me and asked what i was selling...he respected I didn't put the flyer on and hired me. I may be doing other work for him as well.

mark123
01-29-2012, 07:06 AM
I believe you can still do direct mailing in areas that don't allow soliciting. Just cut off the door hanger part and put a stamp on it. :p

shadrach
01-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Check with the local government to find out what "no soliciting " means. It is not always for door hangers & in some places you just need to fill out an application & pay a relatively small fee.

TiedemanLLC
01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Check with the local government to find out what "no soliciting " means. It is not always for door hangers & in some places you just need to fill out an application & pay a relatively small fee.

Exactly. I know here at our local city even though there is a no soliciting sign you still have to pay for a "peddlers permit" Basically what you do is fill out a form with the approximate dates you are going to be walking the city, go over to the police station for a quick background check of who is doing the solicitation, and then pay around a $10 to $20 fee, and you are golden.