PDA

View Full Version : Business email

TiedemanLLC
01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
We are looking for an all around business email type host. Whether it's like yahoo business email or google email, we are looking for a better all around setup for multiple users (at least two to three).

As of right now we are not happy with yahoo because it seems that our emails never get delivered, we never receive emails, or we receive emails later in the day even though they were sent out in the morning.

Any ideas?

Hedgemaster
01-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Get a website. All the email addresses you could want - and it will sound professional.

I started out doing the me@cableproviderhere.net nonsense, but that looks like hell on a business card. Nobody wants to see @yahoo on there - it just looks cheesy.

I'm pretty sure you can also get a domain/email without having a web site. Someone mentioned to me how to do it, but I just decided to go ahead and get a domain name and web hosting and be done with it.

If you don't want to do that, I'm sure someone can recommend another option.

CHEESE2009
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
I agree with the handsome fellow below (or above) this post of mine.

Get a website = all the emails IN THE WORLD.

realcoolguy@companyname.com

mark123
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes. Even if you don't have a web site get a domain name and hosting just for the email.

I don't know how others feel about it but before I had a business if someone handed me a business card with a yahoo, gmail, aol or any free email I'd toss it in the trash.

thegroundscrew
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I have a website but dont have a business email. How do you set one up and who hosts it? A little confused.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
You could use google apps for business. I didnt like the setup of the various emails that domains use. So I use googles. Its like gmail with your own email name. I emailed you before with it. I believe you get up to 50 accounts for free.

brian'slawncare
01-27-2012, 05:01 PM
You could use google apps for business. I didnt like the setup of the various emails that domains use. So I use googles. Its like gmail with your own email name. I emailed you before with it. I believe you get up to 50 accounts for free.

could you elaborate?

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Check the link below. Its limited to 10 email accounts for free now but thats still not bad. Its pretty much gmail with your own .com name. The other thing thats cool is theres a ton of apps. When people send you emails with a address it will show google maps.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

You would set it up on your host like any other email program.

joeblack
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Im doing the google aps. I do not have a website. I have read and read but would like answer's in layman's terms, please!
1. Why am I paying $10/yr to google for domain registration?
2. Will I not have to pay another web hosting site to do to this?
3. Should I set up a website with a another host before I set up google aps for my email.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Im doing the google aps. I do not have a website. I have read and read but would like answer's in layman's terms, please!
1. Why am I paying $10/yr to google for domain registration?
2. Will I not have to pay another web hosting site to do to this?
3. Should I set up a website with a another host before I set up google aps for my email.

I dont pay the fee but I think its cause I have a website. I believe the email routes through your server. So if you have your own, you wont pay.

If your not going to use the site. Wait for a godaddy sale on .info, they go for .99-1.99 all the time. Then just switch it when you get a website.

joeblack
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
errg i just forked over the $10 haha got too antsy.
on the plus side, this will motivate my rear tp get a website running. wish me luck!

oh and after doing some very quick research, GoDaddy vs eNom, I'm going with eNom

willshome
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
why do you not want a website? even just a one page ad makes you look good and real. Most people now seach the net not the phone book