PDA

View Full Version : Start them young

picframer
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Perhaps marketing...sucking up...whatever...kids love tractors and equipment. I always make a point of taking a clients kids for a ride and I have a supply of John Deere Shirts in the truck the dealer gives me a deal on, funny as it may be this has brought me a lot of business but itís not why I do it......I am thinking future employees This is Brian, he is 3 Ĺ and a job we were at today.

Steve
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
That is great! You could also potentially carry a small tank of helium and balloons somewhere in the truck :)

Also what about offering a fall halloween hay ride with your tractor?

Maybe even winter rides through the snow?

Would that be something that would go over well in your area some how? You could give out some candies then too.

I have a supply of John Deere Shirts in the truck the dealer gives me a deal on

You could also get some custom made shirts that have your business name on the back with a tractor image on the front that says 'official little helper.'

Or something like that :)

picframer
09-28-2009, 05:03 AM
That is great! You could also potentially carry a small tank of helium and balloons somewhere in the truck :)

Also what about offering a fall halloween hay ride with your tractor?

Maybe even winter rides through the snow?

Would that be something that would go over well in your area some how? You could give out some candies then too.

You could also get some custom made shirts that have your business name on the back with a tractor image on the front that says 'official little helper.'

Or something like that :)

Hay rides are out due to insurance, there was an accident here a few years back with another company that put an end to that, I used to do this in our community.

The shirts is an excallant idea and thank you, it's a major rain day so my first day to myself in weeks, I am going to have some printed up. You win cliients through their kids, I am serious.....you pay a little attention to the kids who love you immediately and for what ever the clients just want to hire you, it works for me.

But the bottom line is I love kids and wish I had a dozen, I have been on gear and driving it since I was 5 or so, I know how much it meant to me to have an equipment operator pay a little attention to me and offer me a ride, it hasn't changed a bit.

Can't give out candy even at a parade, once again something happened, I think a kid was hit in the eye by someone throqing candy from a float, there is a province wide ban on this now.

Steve
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
To take this idea a little further, say you are out there and bidding on a job that looks to be in a higher end range, what if the family had a child in an age range where there would enjoy a toy and you gave them something like this?

http://www.greenandyellowtoys.com/ProductImages/toys/15218.jpg

http://www.greenandyellowtoys.com/johndeere164constructiontoyplayset.aspx

Would that be worth while?