PDA

View Full Version : Flipped my mower down a hill

newguyjoe
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Yup, my mower...48" Scag that was brand new in March took a spill down a hill that was too steep for a rookie like me.. yeah, it rolled i think only once and managed to survive without much damage.the handle bar is a little bent but i can still use it. I was REALLY lucky as i fell down the hill and the mower came following.i lucked out with just a bruised leg.

i guess it went like this....

going accross the hill...tried to turn pointing the front of the mower up, started to slide,locked the brakes, panicked and ended up at the bottom in some trees and tall grass.

Lots left to learn..........

Steve
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
WOW! I am glad you are alright! Do you have any pictures of your mower?

What kind is this? Were you belted in?

How would you handle this differently now?

pj7714
05-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Wow DUDE! Totally glad you`re ok. Live and learn most importantly live. I have a residential that I would love to be able to use my 33" walk behind but there is just no way because of the hill in the front lawn. So I just keep shoving the 21" pusher up the hill one pass at a time. Glad you and your machine survived how are you going to tackle this hill next time?

CHEESE2009
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
The lawn mower gods say never to mow a hill with a tractor/ztm/etc which is 15 degrees or more. (I don't listen to this either... I'm rissskayyyy)

I am VERY happy to hear that you are ok! :D

justin_time
05-10-2010, 08:47 PM
The lawn mower gods say never to mow a hill with a tractor/ztm/etc which is 15 degrees or more. (I don't listen to this either... I'm rissskayyyy)

On my zero turn mower, I have a sticker that says not less than 10 degree slope

jasonw
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Exactly. Mine has stickers and in the owners manual it says no more than 15 degrees. I go further than that but only strait up and down, never sideways.