PDA

View Full Version : Mower shop shuts it's doors due to draught

Steve
06-24-2007, 11:02 AM
This happened in Alabama. Can you imagine being in business for 18 years and then having to shut your doors due to a drought! Ouch!

Has this drought been effecting you at all?

Have you ever seen a mower shop close due to this reason?

Business just dried up (http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1182590110131550.xml&coll=1) - Lawn Mower Plus owners are closing because of drought

For nearly 18 years, growth in Madison and east Limestone County has been fertile ground on which Judy and Neil Pittman could grow their business, Lawn Mower Plus. But after two years of drought, the lawn mower sales and service shop is closing.

"This type of business is very sensitive to weather, especially rainfall," said Neil Pittman, who with his wife, Judy, owns and operates Lawn Mower Plus on U.S. 72, just past County Line Road . "After two years of this type of drought, we're just going to have to get out of it."

tiedeman
06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
I just can't believe after only two years. *Perhaps after 5 years I would shut my doors, but not after only 2. *I would think that his insurance could cover him or even he could apply for a loan from the government to help him out with the natural disaster.

I personally think that they are just shutting down to run their other business. *It has nothing to do with drought.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
06-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Throwing in the towel after 2 years? Sounds like they may have been in over their head to start with.