PDA

View Full Version : Contempt charges for an lco ?

Steve
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
This is kinda amazing how much a fine this couple had to pay for running a lawn care business out of their home. $10,500 is quite a fine. Have you ever heard of anything so severe?

County drops 2nd contempt charge (http://www.gazette.com/articles/county_23806___article.html/charge_glasgows.html) - Judge David Prince had warned the couple they could face jail if convicted of a second charge of contempt.

On March 14, Prince ruled the Glasgows were in contempt for repeatedly violating a court order to stop operating their Turf Master Industries landscaping and snow-removal business from their 5-acre home on Chaparral Road.

Prince fined them $10,500 and issued the warning. The second charge was filed at that hearing.

The couple has battled neighbors and the county for 10 years over the business.

Southern Magnolia
06-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I find that kind of fine outrageous! It's amazing the restrictions that are placed on what you can and cannot do in your own home when it comes to things that cause no harm to anyone!

Steve
06-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I can understand a residential zone not wanting it to be used for commercial purposes, but what I have a problem with is when the local governement doesn't allow the small business owner to park his commercial truck or trailer on his property in the evenings.

We need to promote small business and help the small business owner grow, not weigh him/her down with regulations.

I think the fine was outrageous too.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Where did this take place?

Steve
06-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I believe it was in Colorado Springs.