PDA

View Full Version : Husq775H walk behind

joeblack
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
a walk behind Husqvarna 775H is about to go on sell at my lowe's.
Anybody have experience with Husqvarna's walkbehinds?

22in deck, rear wheel propelled. not much info b/c its not on floor yet.
I'm going to sears to see if they got the same model in different brand.

dpld
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
a walk behind Husqvarna 775H is about to go on sell at my lowe's.
Anybody have experience with Husqvarna's walkbehinds?

22in deck, rear wheel propelled. not much info b/c its not on floor yet.
I'm going to sears to see if they got the same model in different brand.

i got a 22" husky that is a year old that i use for two small strips at one of my properties and i am not sure of the model #.
so far it has worked fine and it either bags, mulches or throws the clippings and it is pretty light weight.

for the money and what little i use the mower it has been worth what i paid and i got no complaints.

joeblack
01-21-2012, 06:47 PM
what engine do yall like? The husqvarna comes with a honda or a briggs. Been reading good things about both. A smaller model comes with a kholer, which surprised me bc i thought the kholers only made engines for commercial models

Hedgemaster
01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Wait. Somethin's wrong. You're supposed to be told what a mistake it is to not buy a commercial grade unit.

:D

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of that walk behind, but as far as I understand it, Kohler makes different engines. The Kohler "Courage" is what's in the Husqvarna ZTR I just bought (non-commercial mower from Sears) and they also have one called a Kohler "Pro".

wandfsmall
01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
what engine do yall like? The husqvarna comes with a honda or a briggs. Been reading good things about both. A smaller model comes with a kholer, which surprised me bc i thought the kholers only made engines for commercial models

Kohler also makes a consumer engine called the Courage. I personally would say the Honda would be the highest quality engine of the choices. The courage engine is on par with a briggs intek in quality, but the pushmowers engines seem to hold up better then the larger ones so far(new ones coming out now could change that as they are designed closer to the larger intek engines)

joeblack
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Wait. Somethin's wrong. You're supposed to be told what a mistake it is to not buy a commercial grade unit.

:D

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of that walk behind, but as far as I understand it, Kohler makes different engines. The Kohler "Courage" is what's in the Husqvarna ZTR I just bought (non-commercial mower from Sears) and they also have one called a Kohler "Pro".

oH man I probably spend the same amount of time(or even more) eyeballin the commercial grades as I do the consumer models. its just not in my price range yet

thanks wandsfall. For pricing, similar model husq's with different engines looks like this
#1 honda - most expensive
#2 briggs - about $30 less than honda
#3 kholer - around $60 less than honda
there are few differences i noticed in the deck and wheels of these models such as the high back wheel vs small back wheel, fwd vs rwd, and the higher priced model has double bearings in wheels

wandfsmall
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
oH man I probably spend the same amount of time(or even more) eyeballin the commercial grades as I do the consumer models. its just not in my price range yet

thanks wandsfall. For pricing, similar model husq's with different engines looks like this
#1 honda - most expensive
#2 briggs - about $30 less than honda
#3 kholer - around $60 less than honda
there are few differences i noticed in the deck and wheels of these models such as the high back wheel vs small back wheel, fwd vs rwd, and the higher priced model has double bearings in wheels

I would spend the extra money on the honda personally I see less problems with the honda engines. As for commercial grade on a pushmower I am not sure they are worth the extra money.

dpld
01-22-2012, 12:26 PM

mine has a briggs, i would prefer a honda but i am not gonna get too carried away for something gets used for 15 minutes a week.

i did consider a commercial grade machine that was, what i thought, for a 22" machine pretty darn sweet. but i never had the use for such a small machine even when i did residential and the only reason i have it is for a little outdoor courtyard in the middle of the building that is only has about 700 sq ft of turf.

we also have to go through the building so size is a issue.

if i had a use for the little machine on a regular basis i would by the commercial grade but customers come and go in the commercial market so if i were to no longer service this property it would become a dust collector.

baileysgreenthumb
05-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I have a local Husky deal and they told me the husky mowers are just a orange craftsman. They do have a cool deck washer. I have been trying to sack up and just by a honda hrc or hrx. The manager at the Husky Sthl dealer has a Honda and told me to buy honda and never look back. If that help. Husky is residential and so is craftsman. Husky is buying up alot of companys now.