PDA

View Full Version : Stick Edgers

dpld
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
i have been doing this for some time now and for a few years i have seen them but never actually used one and i am curious if anyone here owns one or ever used one before.

they seem like they can be a handy tool for sidewalks and the few times i have seen them they also look like they handle the task pretty quick.

i am considering trying them out this spring and my question would be, are they durable? do they do a good job compared to a traditional sidewalk edger?

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

TiedemanLLC
01-20-2012, 09:27 PM
i have been doing this for some time now and for a few years i have seen them but never actually used one and i am curious if anyone here owns one or ever used one before.

they seem like they can be a handy tool for sidewalks and the few times i have seen them they also look like they handle the task pretty quick.

i am considering trying them out this spring and my question would be, are they durable? do they do a good job compared to a traditional sidewalk edger?

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

You will find that they are faster, but you have to have a steady hand using them. I have owned both types of edgers, and I prefer the stick edger. Besides having a steady hand, they do vibirate a lot.

Sprinkler Buddy
01-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Stick edgers are well worth the investment. They also work great for cutting out new beds as well.

picframer
01-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Stick edgers are well worth the investment. They also work great for cutting out new beds as well.

And for making cut lines to remove sod, they are excellent at this along with cut lines when new sod is laid, a very good investment.

I have an old John Deere walk behind as well, wasnt't even looking for one however the dealer had taken it in from an estate, we use it a lot for cutting angles as the head rotates to various angles.

dpld
01-21-2012, 08:15 AM
good news, thanks for the replies.
they seemed like they were pretty decent but i figured i would see what people who used them had to say.

thanks again

Steve
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM

What have you been using for edging purposes and how has that worked so far?

dpld
01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
What have you been using for edging purposes and how has that worked so far?

for the walkways i have always used the push type edgers that work well but they take up some floor space on the trailer and always seemed to get battered by all the larger equipment coming on and off the trailer.

for shrub beds i have a walk behind bed shaper thats real powerfull as well as i have a bed shaper attachment for one of my walker mowers.

i like the idea of useing the stick edgers because they seem like they will be quicker on the touch ups as well as will sit out of harms way on the string trimmer racks high off the floor of the trailer.

and the best part is i can buy three stick edgers for the price of one larger push type edgers.

Steve
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Keep us posted on how you like using it once you get it.