PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper LT-2000-44 Reviews please

tha5150
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
here is a link of a complete setup i am interested in trading for my 15ft flats boat. this will help me get started in my side business.. i need help though, not sure of this equipment and any issues they are known for.

aside from the mower info, i have no more knowledge on the other equipment. says it all runs but needs serviced.

https://plus.google.com/photos/117715227965940810058/albums/5699031603998354177?authkey=CI6VkLy3j76hyAE

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=15493

Liberty Landscaping LLC
01-18-2012, 01:44 PM
What size and name trailer is it? What size deck, how many hp, and how many hours is the dixie? What is your boat worth?

tha5150
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
the boat is worth between 2800-3500 depending i guess.

44" deck with 20hp Kolher motor. There are some good pics he text me that i put in the link above. Not too sure what info that will give you guys though.

Trailer is a 12x6 Horton

he said 999hours on Dixie.. he got it and the trailer as part of a route he bought and no longer needs them.

thats a lot of hours isnt it?

wandfsmall
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
the boat is worth between 2800-3500 depending i guess.

44" deck with 20hp Kolher motor. There are some good pics he text me that i put in the link above. Not too sure what info that will give you guys though.

Trailer is a 12x6 Horton

he said 999hours on Dixie.. he got it and the trailer as part of a route he bought and no longer needs them.

thats a lot of hours isnt it?

I have seen mowers with over 3000 hours on them but they were taken care of. What is the mowers model and any other equipment you get with it. Maybe we can help you find a value.

thegroundscrew
01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Kohler isn't the best mower but it is ok for starters. I started with a similar mower with a kohler motor as in the picture and it lasted two years. It quickly paid off and was well worth not paying to much for one. I see in the pictures that there is a set of four (possibly a edger, weed wacker, etc). You should bargain to get all of those. I also took a look at your boat and it looks really nice and in pretty good condition.

thegroundscrew
01-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Kohler isn't the best mower but it is ok for starters. I started with a similar mower with a kohler motor as in the picture and it lasted two years. It quickly paid off and was well worth not paying to much for one. I see in the pictures that there is a set of four (possibly a edger, weed wacker, etc). You should bargain to get all of those. I also took a look at your boat and it looks really nice and in pretty good condition. Go with what wandfsmall says and try to get more detail on the equipment to get a better price for each item to see if your actually getting the best bang for your buck.

CHEESE2009
01-19-2012, 01:11 AM
It might be just me, but I have never seen a Dixie Chopper do a very good job. Yes, I am a negative Nancy... lol

The trailer looks pretty sweet. :D

You can get the trimmers + the blower = $1,100.00 new

tha5150
01-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Guys, spoke with the guy. We have a time setup to meet on Saturday. A friend who is in the business is going to check out equipment while i show him the boat. I made an agreement he can keep 1 of the weed eaters and I get the rest (2 weed eaters and the edger and the blower). Trailer seems to be in great shape from the picture but the inside and axles are whats important.

I am anxious to meet and hopefully get this deal done. I think for what it is, it will be a good starting point for me.

As for the Dixie's not cutting well, could you elaborate? Is that only at higher speeds or generally all around?

The other equipment he said starts and runs but needs serviced. I am not dumb, i understand what servicing means.. sorta.. change and clean internals of motor and carb but what else would need done on these as part of regular or general maintenance when someone says "needs serviced"?

tha5150
01-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Also guys, the Model of the Dixie is LT-2000-44. I can not find any reviews on these anywhere but you all know where to look more than I do.

Tires, are these tires any good? quality and tread.. also the front tires?

strength
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
only thing about Dixie is Ur going to need to get parts from them/ Dixie lots of other mowers are interchangeable they may not be .i have a Kohler 26H on my yazookeys no problem's but i have the 26H pro line a client of mine has the same mower but a Honda he is on his 3rd one

wandfsmall
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok here are the facts when looking at equipment. The Engine is made by Kohler(I have around a lot more engines the most on here as own a mower dealership with a full repair shop) The kohler command is one of the best engines on the market I have seen them way over the 3000 hour mark. The unit has full pumps and wheel motors so that is a long life item when taken care of. However it looks to me that this unit sits outside a lot from the locations of rust, this could be a sign of bearing problems soon(yes repairable but costs none the less) You have no idea of the maintenance of the engine so that is questionable as well how does the engine sound. Choppers are not known to be the best cutting mowers on the market but I would say a lot of that is the fact that on bumpy ground you can not cut at 16mph with any mower, they do however do not have the best deck for vacuum though.

sorry if I rambled but it is hard to judge a mower from what you know of it and the photos. As for the tires I can tell you that they are lug tires on the back but I can not tell you much about the shape of them from a picture.

tha5150
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info you provided. I am having a friend is the business check everything out tomorrow. He knows a lot and i trust him. I am sure i can figure things out once i get a feel for the equipment. How much are the bearings your talking about? As for sitting outside, I am not going to argue on that. I would have no problem sanding and repainting areas in need.. if needed.

I am looking at this trade to get me started and get a few accounts here and there and keep me busy on the weekends making some extra cash. If this business idea pans out and moves forward, i am sure better equipment will be a topic to come.

Question is, from what you see, assuming everything is fine.. Would this be a good deal and a decent start up combo for me?

wandfsmall
01-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info you provided. I am having a friend is the business check everything out tomorrow. He knows a lot and i trust him. I am sure i can figure things out once i get a feel for the equipment. How much are the bearings your talking about? As for sitting outside, I am not going to argue on that. I would have no problem sanding and repainting areas in need.. if needed.

I am looking at this trade to get me started and get a few accounts here and there and keep me busy on the weekends making some extra cash. If this business idea pans out and moves forward, i am sure better equipment will be a topic to come.

Question is, from what you see, assuming everything is fine.. Would this be a good deal and a decent start up combo for me?

It is not a bad setup if everything runs fine, in fact I have seen much worse on here where people spent more money. When I say Dixie chopper is not the best mower it is still better then the box store units. Box store units just will not go 10mph closer to 6.