PDA

View Full Version : lawn chemical code

thom
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I am looking for an on line source of lawn chemical abbreviations.
such as XCU,SCU PPSCU and also the numbers like .10% or .15% and 0-0-7M or simular.
If you all know of a source please post it.

Steve
01-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Would this help?

http://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/CHEMISTRY

TiedemanLLC
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I am looking for an on line source of lawn chemical abbreviations.
such as XCU,SCU PPSCU and also the numbers like .10% or .15% and 0-0-7M or simular.
If you all know of a source please post it.

The XCU, SCU, PPSCU is the type of fertilizer.

thom
01-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Would this help?

http://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/CHEMISTRY

not very much.

thom
01-18-2012, 03:02 PM
The XCU, SCU, PPSCU is the type of fertilizer.

o.k. but what is the long spelling of each abbreviation.

mark123
01-18-2012, 04:38 PM
PCSCU = polymer-coated, sulfur-coated urea

SCU = sulfur-coated urea

PPSCU = polymer plus sulfur-coated urea (I think sulfur is the outer layer as opposed to polymer on the outside in PCSCU)

XCU = Loveland's version of PPSCU

It tells you the nitrogen is slowly released and by what mechanism.

mark123
01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
The three number code tells you the percentage of macronutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium) in a fertilizer.

TiedemanLLC
01-18-2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.agriumat.com/turf/includes/XCU_Florida_Focus.pdf

Try this out.

I have personally used XCU this past season and I noticed some amazing results with it. Unfortunately I had a fall out with the Agrium sales man, so I will be using something else this coming season.

mark123
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
... I will be using something else this coming season.
I'd avoid Lesco. Not only are their prices insane the product is not that great.

TiedemanLLC
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd avoid Lesco. Not only are their prices insane the product is not that great.

I went through my Lesco phase a couple years ago, and I lost a lot of clients because of the poor quality product. That is why I was happy with the Loveland product.

Unfortunately what the sales person did at Agrium, I really didn't appreciate. To make a long story short I ordered products from them. I didn't receive an invoice and I kept on asking my sales guy about why I hadn't received an invoice yet. He told me because they were switching to a new billing system, and it would be a few weeks before I would receive my invoice. Weeks went by and I kept on asking him over and over again, where is my invoice, but he told me not to worry about it.

Finally one day I received a past due notice in the mail, with interest and late fees on it.

I called up the company billing department and said "Hey, I never received an invoice, and second of all my sales guy told me that it would be delayed. So you need to remove these late fees." They refused to do so.

So I called back up my sales guy and said "You told me that the invoice was going to be delayed, I never received one, and I kept on asking you where it was at. Now I have late fees."

The sales guy "Well, thats not my fault that you had an invoice past due"

Me "Well, yes it is, and you need to fix it. I kept on asking about it, and you told me not to worry"

The sales guy "Call up billing, I can't do anything about it"

Me "I already called up billing, and now it's your responsbility to fix it since you are the one that told me not to worry about it"

The sales guy "Sorry I don't deal with billing"

I hung up on him, called up the billing department, chewed them out, and then told them about the sales guy. I paid my bill over the phone and told them that I was done with them as a company. Then the sales guy calls me back chewing me out because he got in trouble. "I thought we were friends", he said. I hung up on him and that was that.

mark123
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
I went through my Lesco phase a couple years ago, and I lost a lot of clients because of the poor quality product. That is why I was happy with the Loveland product. Ever since John deere got involved lesco went straight to crap.

My Agrium dealer does some weird stuff, too. I don't use credit; I always pay by check. Every time though I get a bill and I have to call to tell them that I already paid in full.

Your guy wasn't Chad, was it? :D

thom
01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
PCSCU = polymer-coated, sulfur-coated urea

SCU = sulfur-coated urea

PPSCU = polymer plus sulfur-coated urea (I think sulfur is the outer layer as opposed to polymer on the outside in PCSCU)

XCU = Loveland's version of PPSCU

It tells you the nitrogen is slowly released and by what mechanism.

Thanks, why would loveland use an X to replace PP?

mark123
01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks, why would loveland use an X to replace PP?

Trade name? Sounds fancy? Their own ratio or formula? Who knows.

Steve
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM

I was gonna ask what the heck happened to Lesco. A while back, they seemed to be lighting the world on fire. They were growing and growing and could do no wrong.

What's your thoughts on how John Deere messed it all up?

TiedemanLLC
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I was gonna ask what the heck happened to Lesco. A while back, they seemed to be lighting the world on fire. They were growing and growing and could do no wrong.

What's your thoughts on how John Deere messed it all up?

They just lost touch with everything. They never planned things out properly. Their website is never updated, the sales reps don't know anything, in fact there was a local rep that got fired because he was giving away supplies to his friends.

If I remember correctly Lesco products are basically Spring Valley products, just repackaged.

mark123
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, I believe they tried to fit their equipment sales model into lawn care products sales. As if to say "our guys are great at selling tractors, let's stick them on fertilizer sales". Then you ask them about inventory and they walk around the warehouse and read numbers to you. They don't know what they're talking about and try to sell you whatever they have too much of.

Ask about weed killer or insecticide and it's like you asked them to perform a heart transplant.

If they do repackage Spring Valley it's just cheap product. Probably the cast offs.

I prefer products from The Andersons. Best stuff available. But my local shop closed up and Agrium is just about as good for a much better price. I've had zero issues with Agrium except the local shop doesn't carry a big enough selection and I usually have to settle for a product that I don't prefer. They refuse to carry phosphorus and all the lawns around here are deficient. Soil tests prove it but they don't want to believe it.

TiedemanLLC
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, I believe they tried to fit their equipment sales model into lawn care products sales. As if to say "our guys are great at selling tractors, let's stick them on fertilizer sales". Then you ask them about inventory and they walk around the warehouse and read numbers to you. They don't know what they're talking about and try to sell you whatever they have too much of.

Ask about weed killer or insecticide and it's like you asked them to perform a heart transplant.

If they do repackage Spring Valley it's just cheap product. Probably the cast offs.

I prefer products from The Andersons. Best stuff available. But my local shop closed up and Agrium is just about as good for a much better price. I've had zero issues with Agrium except the local shop doesn't carry a big enough selection and I usually have to settle for a product that I don't prefer. They refuse to carry phosphorus and all the lawns around here are deficient. Soil tests prove it but they don't want to believe it.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Agrium too. I loved the selection of the products, and the quality of the products. The problem with Agrium I feel is they got into the same boat as John Deere did with expansion. I am having them drop off products in rent a trucks. That tells me they have expanded so fast, and so much they can't keep track of things (my invoice), and they don't have the trucks to ship things out.

I have actually thought about many times opening up a landscape contractor supply store here. There is nothing available. I have to travel 60 miles just to pick up irrigation supplies, and wait 5 to 7 days for my pesticides to arrive via truck. It makes for planning out a job horrible.

Steve
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Do you think this is a classic case of they wanted to be all things to the green industry?

I remember when they started to make their own mowers and I was thinking REALLY? You are going from fertilizer to MOWERS!

What the hell do you know about mowers?