PDA

View Full Version : 83Km/h Wind

CHEESE2009
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
So we had to stop working because the wind was throwing trees over our walkways. We also got a garbage can to the windshield, and small branches to the face.

The street signs look like they are about to launch right out of the ground and decapitate us.

Snow buildup from the roofs of homes are falling all over the place.

-

Wind : SW 83km/h
Wind gusts : 100km/h

CHEESE2009
01-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Welcome home Scott. It's 8:00AM and you've had a very difficult night. Let me present to you a gift for your efforts;

JeffK26
01-18-2012, 07:54 AM
The timing sucks. A few weeks ago you could have just pulled it down, taken it inside and decorated it for Christmas!

CHEESE2009
01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Nothing like a good ol' tree on the roof.

That tree has caused nothing but problems... I'm actually pretty happy about it, so much cheaper than getting it taken down legally... lol

Now I just have to wait a few hours until I give a damn, in order to take it off the roof. I think it looks good up there, what do you guys think? :D

Steve
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
WOW Scott, you have a very exciting life!

What are you gonna do to take it down?

Take pics!

CHEESE2009
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, another company came by for $200, and removed it from the roof.

For another $200 they cut it down to ground level. I am happy and got my beauty rest.

I am awake now... 9PM and I need FOOD!

Ducke
01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
why didn't you do it yourself ????????

bruces
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
his insurance will take care of that along with any shingle damage.

Steve
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Scott, did they have more equipment than you or man power? Or what?

Sounds like they were on the ball for the storm.

Did they just knock on your door or how did they initially get into contact with you?

CHEESE2009
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Scott, did they have more equipment than you or man power? Or what?

Sounds like they were on the ball for the storm.

Did they just knock on your door or how did they initially get into contact with you?

Well my chainsaws are broken, and I really wasn't in the mood to climb onto the roof after just getting home from work. I made a phone call, said I'm going to bed please ring the door when you are done.

They are coming back to clean up all the debris (branches, etc)... So I'm rather happy I don't have to do it. I have no idea HOW they did it, but I heard a chainsaw from the comfort of my bedroom.

They left the tree on my curb on that day, I have no idea who came and took it later on though... It just vanished. :eek:

http://images.halloweencostumes.net/adult-ghost-costume-2.jpg

I have a friend in tree removal who probably would have charged me over a grand...

Steve
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I bet there was money to be made after the storm for guys driving around with tree trimming signs.