PDA

View Full Version : invoice

jford1995
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey guys I'm gunna start using my own invoice this year. Can I print it on carbon paper my self or do I have to buy it preprinted on carbon paper?

jymie
01-18-2012, 07:36 AM
http://www.carbonlessondemand.com/cgi-bin/shop/pid_118.htm

I print my own invoices & estimates. If its 3 part you need, run off 3 copies and staple the corner. When I do estimates, I give top 2 to customer keep the last page. When they sign I get top page they keep middle page of the pack. Invoices you don't need 3 part, 2 part will suffice, or you can just make two copies when you print them, no need for carbon-less at all then.

jford1995
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks jymmie. I checked out their site they look to be a good deal. Now when u write on these will they transfer to both sides?

thom
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey guys I'm gunna start using my own invoice this year. Can I print it on carbon paper my self or do I have to buy it preprinted on carbon paper?

from my experience, looking at a sheet of
this type of cardonless paper, there wasnt a way to tell which side goes face down.

jymie
01-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks jymmie. I checked out their site they look to be a good deal. Now when u write on these will they transfer to both sides?

before you put it in the printer I make a small mark on the corner to see which side is the right side to print on. I usually print on both sides of mine using the back for the fine print stuff and terms etc. So take the 3 pages once you know which side you need to be printed that side needs to be face down in the tray.

FLI
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
In todays age, it is so much cheaper to just e-mail invoices. We bill montly to about 200 clients. I would say 175 go out by E-mail. This saves not only the .44 for the stamp, but the labor in folding stuffing and stamping.

The client also receives the day it is created.

If I do billing in the morning, I will have some clients making payments by the end of that day, and it is in my account 48 hours later. Your mailed invoice may not have been delivered yet.

dpld
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.carbonlessondemand.com/cgi-bin/shop/pid_118.htm

I print my own invoices & estimates. If its 3 part you need, run off 3 copies and staple the corner. When I do estimates, I give top 2 to customer keep the last page. When they sign I get top page they keep middle page of the pack. Invoices you don't need 3 part, 2 part will suffice, or you can just make two copies when you print them, no need for carbon-less at all then.

i agree, and with this day and age with computers useing printing services cost a fortune.

STODD
02-13-2012, 06:32 AM
In todays age, it is so much cheaper to just e-mail invoices. We bill montly to about 200 clients. I would say 175 go out by E-mail. This saves not only the .44 for the stamp, but the labor in folding stuffing and stamping.

The client also receives the day it is created.

If I do billing in the morning, I will have some clients making payments by the end of that day, and it is in my account 48 hours later. Your mailed invoice may not have been delivered yet.

How are you sending multiple e-invoice? When I used q/b I could send them all with the click of the one key. With gopher I have to save, pdf, attach and send. Is there an easier way, maybe exporting to q/b? I have not been able to do this yet.
Thanks, Steve