PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Software Review

jymie
01-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Well I decided to get the Printshop 3.0 to do flyers with. I spent $69.99 on the professional version. Much to my chagrin all of the projects that I made with the 16 year old Printshop 5.0 16 bit software will not open with this software. That version is made for window versions up to XP and possibly Vista. So this new version has some characteristics about it that I like. It has the ability to save projects in a PDF format. The major problem that I stumbled upon was that when I print out my projects they do not print out crisp enough. I did not have that problem with my old program. I was forced to upgrade because my new computer being windows 7, the old program will not even install. So I have sent to the company an email asking why the printing of my project looks so crappy, I even tried to print in best option on my printer still no luck in improving the look. So then I tried to print it on my laser printer, still looked crappy. I am sure it is a DPI problem so we will see what they say.

What programs do you guys all use for making your flyers?

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
is the dpi adjustable? I would suspect that.

I use photoshop but I barely ever make flyers. I just started to fool with it since I bought the door hanger bags. I plan on putting a printed flyer I designed, post card, and business card.

jford1995
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
I use Microsoft office publisher

Steve
01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
You can also try http://www.openoffice.org. It's a free word processor. It is not a graphics program, but a word processor in such situations can be very helpful.