PDA

View Full Version : Atv Plowing

Liberty Landscaping LLC
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM
I am pondering buying an Atv... I stumbled across through a friend it is 650 cc's and is a well known name. I would need to set it up with a winch and plow and possibly actuators. Thinking for the long haul. I would be using it more for sidewalks then anything else and a few driveways that my truck doesn't corner in as well. If anyone has some insight please share if it is worth it or not and if so what you think the best plow and size blade would be. I am going out tom to measure some sidewalks I would be using it for... Some snow would be nice too!!!!
Thanks
Derek

picframer
01-12-2012, 04:24 AM
We mainly plow with compact utility tractors as they will take the abuse, last year I put a plow on my 750 Brute Force, works perfect, this year I added a plow to my 450 Kodiak as well as Warn had a deal on the Pro series (best plow going for an ATV) I plowed a 25cm storm in November past, very heavy snow, no issues at all and none of the driveways we do are flat. I have V bar chains but haven't put them on yet. The stock utility tires are best, I have four sand bags on the back of each, they both have 55" plows as it's perfect for sidewalks.

I have close to 30 years plowing experience using everything going, if you have any questions ask away, most of those years was on the side for fun:)

picframer
01-12-2012, 04:25 AM
I can post pictures later if you wish, I can't seem to locate them on the laptop and I am headed to a meeting which is two hours away and have to hit the road as it's 5:30 am

Liberty Landscaping LLC
01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow sorry you had to wake up so early. I would love to see photos. The one I am looking at is a 650 artic cat.

picframer
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I am a big fan of Artic Cat snowmobiles, but their ATV's are crap, where I live I would guess 80 percent of us have ATV's, Honda, Yahama, Kawie, a few Polaris but very few. The Artic Cat ATV dealer went under I believe three years ago, the few they sold all had issues, I honestly forget what they were, that may have changed but I never see a Cat around anywhere here,.

I just got home an hour ago, drove two hours in a wicked snow storm with high, high winds, I had drifts in my driveway 16" deep, it was freezing rain by the time I arrived, I decided to hop on the 450 ATV and plow, I was done 45 min later, driveway is around 960 feet. It never spun a tire.

Get a good quality plow, Warn Pro Vantage is the best.

I will take pics tomorrow, the guys are put plowing with the gear tonight and I suspect they will pick this ATV up soon but I am beat.

Sprinkler Buddy
01-12-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't have snow here in FL but I would love to see it in an action packed short video if you can. Thanks!

I am a big fan of Artic Cat snowmobiles, but their ATV's are crap, where I live I would guess 80 percent of us have ATV's, Honda, Yahama, Kawie, a few Polaris but very few. The Artic Cat ATV dealer went under I believe three years ago, the few they sold all had issues, I honestly forget what they were, that may have changed but I never see a Cat around anywhere here,.

I just got home an hour ago, drove two hours in a wicked snow storm with high, high winds, I had drifts in my driveway 16" deep, it was freezing rain by the time I arrived, I decided to hop on the 450 ATV and plow, I was done 45 min later, driveway is around 960 feet. It never spun a tire.

Get a good quality plow, Warn Pro Vantage is the best.

I will take pics tomorrow, the guys are put plowing with the gear tonight and I suspect they will pick this ATV up soon but I am beat.