PDA

View Full Version : small 4 strokes oil?

jasonw
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Is anyone familiar with 4 stroke trimmers and blowers? Mine are all TB and I am very happy with them but the oil seems to et dirty very very fast, My TB tractor oil looks brand new at every change but after a couple of runs the small motors oil looks black.

Hedgemaster
01-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't have any real input aside from this thread I started on the topic...
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14564&highlight=cycle

What is "TB"? Two banger? I'm confused.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-08-2012, 11:44 AM
What is "TB"? Two banger? I'm confused.
I think throttle body.
I would see if it has a oil filter and change it if it does. If it doesnt install one from a small engine.

Clays Landscape
01-08-2012, 01:02 PM
My guess is that TB stands for Troy Built.

Hedgemaster
01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Hmmm... it's not often that machinery is diagnosed with tuberculosis, so I think that's ruled out...

:D

wandfsmall
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Is anyone familiar with 4 stroke trimmers and blowers? Mine are all TB and I am very happy with them but the oil seems to et dirty very very fast, My TB tractor oil looks brand new at every change but after a couple of runs the small motors oil looks black.

are you running a synthetic oil? or what kind of oil do you run in it.

jasonw
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry I always abbreviate Troybilt. People who know me know what I am talking about when I say TB lol. No oil filter on a little 20 some odd CC motor. I am running Valvoline in all my stuff, 10/30 I think but I am not 100% sure of the weight at the moment.

wandfsmall
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Sorry I always abbreviate Troybilt. People who know me know what I am talking about when I say TB lol. No oil filter on a little 20 some odd CC motor. I am running Valvoline in all my stuff, 10/30 I think but I am not 100% sure of the weight at the moment.

I would recommend a synthetic oil your trimmer due to the small amounts. But it will get dark quicker then a rider will because of the low amount of oil in it. What made you go all Troy Built that is a lower end line of equipment?

jasonw
01-10-2012, 05:31 AM
I would recommend a synthetic oil your trimmer due to the small amounts. But it will get dark quicker then a rider will because of the low amount of oil in it. What made you go all Troy Built that is a lower end line of equipment?

I would not say it is lower end, more inexpensive yes but not lower end. I have had great luck with their products since day one and swear by them now.

wandfsmall
01-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I would not say it is lower end, more inexpensive yes but not lower end. I have had great luck with their products since day one and swear by them now.

if your happy with them thats good but my experience with troy built is that they are heavy and underpowered.