PDA

View Full Version : From the band Foreigner to being an LCO

Steve
05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Now how wild is this? Nic goes from touring with the band Foreigner to being a landscaper. That is pretty neat! I think it also points out how when you build your brand, a part of you goes along with it. It certainly is a part of how Nic got started. His history was pointed out in this article and I am sure many of his customers over the years have asked for stories about those rock-n-roll times.

What makes you unique and different? What do you do that stands out? What are your interests? Could they help you build a brand for your company?

ON NANTUCKET, LANDSCAPING HAS BECOME A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY. (http://www.nantucketindependent.com/news/2007/0523/Front_Page/001.html) - If you could afford to hire someone to cut your lawn, trim your privet hedges and fluff up your flower beds in 1980, at $8 an hour you might have chosen Nicholas Ferrantella and his lone employee.

Nearing the end of his time touring with the band Foreigner as its road manager, Ferrantella had been casting about for something to do after playing in a rock and roll band.

"I wanted to get off the road," Ferrantella said this week. "I was married, I had a family and I wanted a place to settle down. You can kind of burn out on it, but I didn't dream that landscaping would turn into such a great business; I was just looking for something to do locally."

Although neither Ferrantella nor McGowan would reveal their hourly billing rates, the most accurate estimate based on their services puts them between $45 and $60 per hour.

Steve
05-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Nick also owns and operates a recording studio on Nantucket Island!

Quote[/b] ]Nantucket Music Productions is a family run recording and audio production studio owned by Nick Ferrantella on beautiful Nantucket Island.

Nick and his son Victor are currently co-producing three projects. The first is the debut CD for SWEETMEAT AND THE SILVERFISH, consisting of brothers Vic and Ben Ferrantella with cousin Mike Stefanski and lifelong friend Chris Beamish. The album is made up of songs written by Victor and Michael.

How neat is that!?

Here is a picture of their Nantucket Island Recording Studio

Steve
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Here is an inside picture of the studio.

Steve
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
You can also visit their site here.

http://myspace.com/nantucketmusicproductions