PDA

View Full Version : Frist Post

Joe's Lawn Care
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Hello my name is Joe and I live in the state of MD This is my thrid year cutting lawns. I only cut part time after work and weekends I got started by cutting some of my family members yards I just took what they offred me to cut there yard anywhere from 30 to 50 bucks Wasent really trying to start a business just hade some free time and like cutting grass. The extra cash was pretty good too. After cutting for half of the frist summer I started getting referals to cut other peoples yards I have about 15 to 20 customers most of them were referals I do have one customer that i would no longer like to cut I think i do a very good job cutting her yard but she always find somthing wrong She only pays 40.00 when she should be paying at least 60 -65 I gave her that price because she was one of my frist customers and a member of my church. How do i tell her in a nice way? Also someone gave me a craftsman DYS 4500 with 230 hrs on it Just wanted to know if the hrs were considered a little or a lot The mower is in great shape Thanks for all the tips. Even though this is my frist time posting somthing i always read the e-mails and other post

jymie
01-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Increase her price $10 bucks a cut, she will drop you.

Steve
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I was thinking the same thing. If you raise your price on her, she will either not want your services any longer or the job may become worth your while to perform.

As far as your mower goes, I would think that would be on the higher side of hour usage, especially for a consumer model. Keep changing the oil and get as much use out of it as you can.

What is your plan now where you would like to take your growing business? Do you want to go full time with it?

Joe's Lawn Care
01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I was thinking the same thing. If you raise your price on her, she will either not want your services any longer or the job may become worth your while to perform.

As far as your mower goes, I would think that would be on the higher side of hour usage, especially for a consumer model. Keep changing the oil and get as much use out of it as you can.

What is your plan now where you would like to take your growing business? Do you want to go full time with it?

think im going to stay part time My full time truck driving job pays pretty good I do power washing also I would try doing that full time if i had enough customers maybe some comerial jobs power washing pays really good too Right now just gonna keep things as is. should i raise the price 10.00 or 20.00 Thanks

Joe's Lawn Care
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Increase her price $10 bucks a cut, she will drop you.

Think i raise 20.00 that should do it

Steve
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
should i raise the price 10.00 or 20.00 Thanks

It seems most every job you are gonna do has a price where no matter what is going on, you still feel you are being well compensated. If you feel like you are being compensated then you won't feel like you are being taken advantage of. If an extra $20 will do it, then that is great, go with that figure.

Keep us posted on how all this turns out.