PDA

View Full Version : Another new newb

glbusch
01-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone, I am a new start up for the upcoming season, I will be working in Randolph County, Arkansas.

Steve
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

glbusch
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
I live in an area where a lot of jobs left. The jobs that are still here are low paying jobs mostly around minimum wage. There is still a lot of money in this area from people who work in the medical field, drive trucks(which I tried and absolutely hated), or commute fifty miles each way every day. I figured that I could do better if I worked for myself. I like working outdoors and I decided that I could start a lawn care business with little capital as compared to other business start ups. The area I live in has a lot of opportunities for customers and they are willing to pay a fair price. Most of the trucks I see are coming from fifty miles away. This with my low overhead (this is not insinuating that I work for free)leads me to believe that this is perfect opportunity for me.:D

Steve
01-06-2012, 03:26 PM
That is fantastic and it sounds like it is well thought out!

What kinds of things will you be doing to market your business and get the word out?

glbusch
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Right now marketing plans are going to consist of placing ads in a local paper and craigslist. I also plan on doing a couple of in person sales calls to local real estate agents, and am planning on passing out flyers in a few of the nicer neighborhoods in town. I am also planning to place some bids for some local cemeteries, the local Burger king, and several day care centers. There is also four different HUD apartment complexes, but the jobs may be too big for me to jump into in the beginning.

Steve
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
That sounds like you are on a great path! Don't forget the importance of letting everyone you know, about your new business. If they don't need your service right now, ask them if any of their friends could or even if the company they work for could as well.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.