PDA

View Full Version : Improve Your Lawn Care Business

ringahding1
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
What are you doing to improve your lawn care business during the off-season?.

Hedgemaster
01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I just bought a small zero turn mower which will allow me to take on properties I would otherwise not be able to cut with a push mower.

I hope to pick up a used wide deck walk behind by early spring so I can take on some of the calls for "first cuts" that are 5 weeks overdue. (and charge them appropriately)

I am going to tailor my advertising on Craigslist to attract more clients in areas I already cover.

I am going to get my act together and get my truck lettered.

I am going to improve (finish) my website and hopefully incorporate a "photos" page.

I'm going to wax all my equipment so it's more aerodynamic.
:D No, not really. Well, I WILL wax it, because I'm retarded like that. :p

Clays Landscape
01-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I have been working on submitting proposals to all the commercial properties around so I can achieve a constant income per month even in the off season. I have 4 commercial properties now that bring a nice wage.

I am also searching for a walk behind/stander that I can afford but is very nice.

I installed landscape lighting at my home and have received several inquiries already on doing others.

ringahding1
01-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I just bought a small zero turn mower which will allow me to take on properties I would otherwise not be able to cut with a push mower.

I hope to pick up a used wide deck walk behind by early spring so I can take on some of the calls for "first cuts" that are 5 weeks overdue. (and charge them appropriately)

I am going to tailor my advertising on Craigslist to attract more clients in areas I already cover.

I am going to get my act together and get my truck lettered.

I am going to improve (finish) my website and hopefully incorporate a "photos" page.

I'm going to wax all my equipment so it's more aerodynamic.
:D No, not really. Well, I WILL wax it, because I'm retarded like that. :p

Photos are HUGE! Zero-turn will make life a little nicer/You need pointers on your site....PM me/I can't tell you how much biz we've received from the lettering off our trucks, I can tell you we r not in the phone book.

Steve
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
I installed landscape lighting at my home and have received several inquiries already on doing others.

That is fantastic! Were the inquiries from neighbors? Or from pictures you took of the job you did at home?

Do you feel doing home projects at first makes it easier to sell the service later to the public?

Ducke
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I am right now redesigning my web site and drawing up new flyer layouts .
I am expanding my service area as well as the services that I offer.
I plan on venturing in o the commercial side a bit with plans for more commercial in 2013.
Landscape lighting is another field I am going to tinker in and see what happens.
I just had a meeting with a local supplier, They will be letting me know when their will be some training seminars in the future.
Then there is the regular stuff of upgrading some of my equipment from consumer grade to professional grade etc.
For now that is my plan but hey never say never I could win the lotto and not have to work ..........hahahahahahahaha:D

ringahding1
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
That's great CLAY, you are your best marketer. Never say you can't, just do! This biz has shot-down many, but as I'm sure you've witnessed in your area, there are many who have a Lawn Mower & think they can do what we do.

I like the lighting idea, have you taken pictures and posted them on your website?

Clays Landscape
01-04-2012, 09:42 AM
That is fantastic! Were the inquiries from neighbors? Or from pictures you took of the job you did at home?

Do you feel doing home projects at first makes it easier to sell the service later to the public?

My home is in a nice residential neighborhood but people try and use it as a cut through quite often so I have gotten inqueries from all different kinds of people. I have not taken any pictures.

I think it makes it easier period. Installation, selling are all easier once you know what you are selling.

ringahding1
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I am right now redesigning my web site and drawing up new flyer layouts .
I am expanding my service area as well as the services that I offer.
I plan on venturing in o the commercial side a bit with plans for more commercial in 2013.
Landscape lighting is another field I am going to tinker in and see what happens.
I just had a meeting with a local supplier, They will be letting me know when their will be some training seminars in the future.
Then there is the regular stuff of upgrading some of my equipment from consumer grade to professional grade etc.
For now that is my plan but hey never say never I could win the lotto and not have to work ..........hahahahahahahaha:D

You getting that big, to expand your area? That's great! If you need tips for your website..lemme know..I will give you what has propelled my site quickly and organically:) FREE! Yeah I said it ..FREE!:cool: Paying it forward, since this forum has helped me a time or thousand!