PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers

RAlawncare
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
hello all,
I was thinking about sending postcards in the spring for lawns. But after looking into i dont want to spend 150 dollars onpostage so i thought about door hangers. Are they a godd marketing tool? Any other ideas?

thegroundscrew
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I actually just had 1,000 door hangers made for only $180.00. That's only 18 cents each, not that bad of a deal. Plus I got a free custome design. Door hangers are the best form of marketing just behind word of mouth. I mean when you place a door hanger on a customers door they literally can't go through the door without seeing and touching your message. I got my free custom design from DCL Graphics (www.http://www.dclgraphics.com/index.php). They are the best I mean you can't go wrong with a free design, anywhere else you would be charged a minimum of $30.00.
The paper used is also very thick and sturdy and the colors stand out very nicely.

Here is the door hanger that I just got done by DCL Graphics.

There is a link about DCL Graphics forum and I have a sample posted of my doorhanger (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=15267)

Steve
12-29-2011, 05:11 PM
What you don't pay for in postage, you will have to make up for with your time. That is not a bad thing if you have more free time than cash to spend.

Either should work well as long as you keep hitting your potential customers month after month.

Don't just do it once to a large group and expect a big response.

Marketing to a smaller group, multiple times can improve your responses.

ringahding1
12-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Not bad, do I dare tell you how much I paid for 2500 glossy, color on the both sides post-card size? Ok I won't, I will just pass along a tip that has worked for me...pick your ideal market(homes or businesses you want customers) and hit that area at least 3 times over, yes go back and drop flyers there again. Do in consecutive months.

RAlawncare
12-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Okay guys thank you, as far as time I'm 14 and don't have much to do besides sports so time inst an issue and should I have a different design each time I go out? I plan on doing 3 rounds. Also I am going to do the all natural fertilizing and plan on putting tht on there as well.

ringahding1
12-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Okay guys thank you, as far as time I'm 14 and don't have much to do besides sports so time inst an issue and should I have a different design each time I go out? I plan on doing 3 rounds. Also I am going to do the all natural fertilizing and plan on putting tht on there as well.

Different design? You mean your flyer?

And what do you mean by "Natural Fertilizing"?

turf&tree
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
We did 7,000 postcards last spring to the tune of $ 2,500.00. I just got 5,000 door hangers from Adeas printing for around $ 300.00 I plan on making 2 rounds on some very specific areas. The plan is to double my business every year, and I am well on my way.
RA, I just bought my first truckload of organic fertilizer. 880 bags to start with and will probably need more.
How many bags do you use lol ?

Steve
01-02-2012, 02:46 PM
We did 7,000 postcards last spring to the tune of $ 2,500.00.
Did you send them to one group once or did you break it down and send it to a smaller group multiple times?

TiedemanLLC
01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Did you send them to one group once or did you break it down and send it to a smaller group multiple times?

Steve makes a very good point. I have found that it's best to target specific neighborhoods, over and over again.

Switch up the type of marketing material sent out too. Postcards, door hangers, letters, etc. Mess around with different colors, different wording, everything. You would be surprised at how one color or even one different word can make a difference in what grabs the potential clients eye. Don't give up early and be frustrated either.

This is something else you need to consider, your age. What happens if you pick up 50 new accounts. Are you going to be able to maintain that while going to school and doing your sports? The worst thing to do is send out all of those postcards/doorhangers and it being a waste of money and time because you can't keep up with them.

On a side note though, I applaud the fire in your belly that you have in trying to get more accounts. Very few guys your age would even think about it, but you are definitely someone with a good head on his shoulders and motivated. Can't wait to see what you do in the future.

RAlawncare
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
At this point I don't see me getting 50 accounts that would be Great but I'm not sure what I would do I have an plde brother who is 19 and works night so he would now have a day job! Haha thank you for the support

Steve
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.

petscanning
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
We did 7,000 postcards last spring to the tune of $ 2,500.00. I just got 5,000 door hangers from Adeas printing for around $ 300.00 I plan on making 2 rounds on some very specific areas. The plan is to double my business every year, and I am well on my way.
RA, I just bought my first truckload of organic fertilizer. 880 bags to start with and will probably need more.
How many bags do you use lol ?

What brand of fertilizer did you buy?