PDA

View Full Version : Partnering

ringahding1
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
How many of us know a good partner when we see one? What Makes a Good Business Partner?

mark123
12-27-2011, 12:12 AM
A friend once asked me to partner with him. I just said "Why don't you just take all my money, punch me in the face and never talk to me again. It'll save us the trouble of going through a partnership."

SouthallMowing
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
A friend once asked me to partner with him. I just said "Why don't you just take all my money, punch me in the face and never talk to me again. It'll save us the trouble of going through a partnership."

Mark123,

Short, sweet, and straight to the point. The worlds needs more people like you.

CHEESE2009
12-27-2011, 01:50 PM
LOL, yeah, that's a partnership for ya!

Pretty similar to what it's like hiring friends too!

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I agree, My brother needed some extra money so I brought him on some gutter cleaning jobs. They only take a hour so I never need help. After doing a few he proposed I get jobs, let him use my equipment and trucks, he'll do the work and split the money. Wow what a offer. When I can just show up and make all of it.

Steve
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
What's your view on why partnering just doesn't work out too well more often than not? Is it just that everyone wants to be a boss or is it more that there isn't enough experience for someone to really fulfill the role of the boss? Or maybe something else?

Sprinkler Buddy
12-28-2011, 08:47 AM
It's a lot cheaper and a lot less headaches to just hire help if needed. Not so easy to get rid of a partner if things don't work out. Not to mention you have to work twice as hard yourself when it's an equal partnership to make the same $$$.