PDA

View Full Version : USPS Bidding

Clays Landscape
12-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Is the local United Stated Postal Service supposed to put their lawn services up for bid every year since they are a federal program?

Steve
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
That is a good question! I have no idea, nor have I ever paid attention to who cuts their lawns.

Have you thought about going in and talking to the local postmaster? I am sure they would be able to tell you?

Keep me posted on what they say.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I think the city does them here. I have seen the city on commercial properties too. Not doing maintenance but a empty lot was being turned into a building for AT&T and the city workers cut a 200'x20' section of brush out. Then leveled the area for the lot entrance. I'm not sure what strings were pulled to do this. I shouldve took pictures. This has got to be a violation of something.

TiedemanLLC
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
A lot of times it comes down to the bylaws. I know with our local city here if it's under a certain dollar amount they don't have to put it out to bid, they can call whoever they want.

Now in regards to the post office speak with the local post master. If they won't answer your questions, then contact the regional office for that area.

I do know though that some post offices have maintenance personel, that do the maintenance for all of the post offices in the area. Also post offices are very, very union. So be prepared for that too.

Steve
12-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Clay keep us posted on what you find out.

nnyparts
01-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Most PO's in larger areas fall under public property and normally a village or city crew is responsible. For outer low population areas the PO has maintenance people that are suppose to go from PO to PO and keep everything working correctly.

They do in some areas with low populations place take bids on X amount of PO's to handle lawn and garden jobs. Check with your local PO.

Clays Landscape
01-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I know a lawn care company already takes care of the property. They come from 25 miles to cut one property. They have no other yards around here. So they do have outside contractors take care of that.

My main question is, is the budget season for the USPS the same as federal govt? When does their contract probably take effect.?

Steve
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
That's a good question Clay, I don't know the answer to it. I think your postmaster would be able to clear all this up for you. Keep us posted on what you find.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE
01-02-2012, 09:38 PM
You would be surprised how many post offices only Lease their buildings, and therefore the building owners/managers are the ones who hire the grounds maintenance work, etc....