PDA

View Full Version : Strange season

Ducke
12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I got an e-mail off my web site today a customer looking for a yard clean up and shrub pruning.
Its Dec 20th 5 days away from the big day and we are still able to do this kind of work.
Its so strange I should be plowing snow not pruning shrubs.
I just shake my head and go do my job money is money and I really could use with some right now.

Steve
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
And then way south of you in Oklahoma, they were getting hammered with a foot of snow yesterday.

MR.MOWER
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
ya this year for snow is weird i was expecting atleast something on the ground.I figured it was gonna be a nasty winter so i went out and bought an MTD 45 inch snow blower.

CHEESE2009
12-21-2011, 12:20 PM
I got some ice overnight, not much, but enough to go walk up to and stare at.

Ducke
12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I got some ice overnight, not much, but enough to go walk up to and stare at.

Did you take a picture just in case that's it for the season :p

TiedemanLLC
12-21-2011, 01:45 PM
It is a very strange season. We were doing gutter cleanings last week, which is unheard of. Normally our first snow fall is always around Thanksgiving. Looking ahead in the forecast there is nothing at all for at least another 10 days or so.

Actually may go out next week and install a landscape lighting system for a client.

Ducke
12-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Well did the job this morning. Man did it ever feel good to be on a lawn again.
to bad its just one job :( But the customer is a member of the street association and really liked my work so she is going to post my information on their web site as highly recommended. There is about 30 homes on the street so this is a real cool development. I kind of feel like Hedge you never know where your next customer might come from.

Steve
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
the customer is a member of the street association and really liked my work so she is going to post my information on their web site as highly recommended.

That is fantastic! I bet you end up with ore jobs because of this.

steven59937
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Its the same here in North west Montana we should have a foot or more by now. The most we have had on the ground is about a half inch, and after yesterdays "Rain" there is nothing. I have my snow adds out still but I'm focusing more on Fall Clean up stuff like gutters, and yards right now.

Jack Rabbit
12-30-2011, 12:26 AM
So that's where my heat went. You guys stole it. Give it back! It has been colder than usual here.

Ducke
12-30-2011, 07:57 AM
That is fantastic! I bet you end up with ore jobs because of this.

Steve I love it when you tell me positive things, each time you do good things seem to happen.
I was at a get together and had a chat with a property management guy that was there with his wife, He is looking for someone to do Sidewalks and entrance ways for 5 Apt complex's, He will be in contact with me next week.
Now all I need is some snow.:p

Steve
12-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Great news! I am sure there will be snow coming your way.

ringahding1
12-31-2011, 04:15 PM
This sure is a crazy year, actually just received another call for clean up..still no snow here !