PDA

View Full Version : i need help

dell
12-17-2011, 11:27 AM
OK i just bought 100 clients run i know i need to get at least 2 more people for that run .but i don't know what to pay the to guys 1 driver and on helper . i all so got a run of 72 clients that is mine but it takes me 2to for 3 days a week to do.and on that run we are 3.the run that i have now are pretty far apart .but the other run is pretty close should i keep the guys that i have and try to do them all.

CHEESE2009
12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
OK i just bought 100 clients run i know i need to get at least 2 more people for that run .but i don't know what to pay the to guys 1 driver and on helper . i all so got a run of 72 clients that is mine but it takes me 2to for 3 days a week to do.and on that run we are 3.the run that i have now are pretty far apart .but the other run is pretty close should i keep the guys that i have and try to do them all.

Is this for lawn maintenance or snow removal? I'm assuming lawn maintenance.

Any sort of set pay, or commission per lawn. Paying hourly will cause problems, as they will slack.

From experience, two people should be able to do 100 lawns per week, starting their first lawn at 8AM and finishing around 2:30PM.

3 people will make a perfect crew, the time you save with trimming and having two mowers running is rather impressive.

Depending on what you charge per lawn matters most, and will define how much you can spend on employees. It wouldn't hurt to start them at let's say $4/per job and then raise it up from there depending on their productivity.

For the average lawn;
1 Man: 20-30 minutes
2 Man: 8-15 minutes
3 Man: God Mode Activated

Steve
12-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Also, will these employees be working with you and be supervised by you or are they going to be running their own crew?

dell
12-18-2011, 11:17 AM
no they would have there own truck? or should i get 3guy crew with me and just to them all?

CHEESE2009
12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
The more the better, give or take. Too big a crew will have people in each others way.

It really depends how much you can afford to spend on crew.

Steve
12-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Are these going to be all new employees? I would think it would be better to be working with them for a while before you spin them off on their own truck or it might turn out to be a disaster.

How will they know what you expect of them or how will they know how to interact with your customers in the way you want them too, etc?