PDA

View Full Version : Auction Blues

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I was just at a auction and lost a bid on a 05 f350 dsl with 89k and a plow. Now I was about to steal this truck but because of slow payers I didnt have the cash in hand to bid higher. I come home and theres two checks in the mail from commercial properties. One was 37 days late. I'm still missing three other checks that were all due on the tenth. I dont want to even tell you what the truck sold for. Hint it was less then a new plow. Now I still need another truck. I continue to turn down winter work and have subs bidding on some of my lots to help me out. Ill end up paying subs more then this truck cost this winter.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Ohh I handled this by curling in the fetal position and crying.:(

CHEESE2009
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Aw man, that's depressing. Sorry to hear about the situation.

Hopefully there will be better selections over time to bid on, but I guess it doesn't really matter because you need it now.

Well... damn.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
12-16-2011, 10:39 PM
What type of auction was it?

nickeckes
12-17-2011, 06:21 AM
what did it sell for?

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
It was a open public auction. The truck sold for $4000 plus a 10% buyers fee. If I had any idea it was going to sell for that low I couldve borrowed money or showed up with a bank letter guaranteeing payment. Either way by the end of the day I had the cash but to late. If only I didnt buy that sander or people paid me by the tenth like the contracts state.

Steve
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I think this is a good lesson to show how useful equipment can be picked up at local auctions and that this is a viable option to keep in mind as your lawn care business grows.

willshome
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
sorry so late on this but you know if you bid on this the other bidder may have not stopped. So maybe the truck would have gone for like 8k or 9k.