PDA

View Full Version : So sick of needy customers.

O.C LawnCare
12-16-2011, 04:15 PM
So about 2 weeks ago I did a clean up for a customer. I told her my season was over, and that I would see her next year. Well 2 days ago I get a call, "can you come over to the lawn, I need a clean up before my Xmas party. So being nice I did it. I restored my equipment. Today I get a call, "It's not good enough!" so I had to go back, I did 4 hours of work, and still have to go back tomorrow. So pissed off.

stevef1201
12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
With the weather 'up north' no snow warmer then usual etc, I would be pushing for more cleanups, tree trimming, hedgetrimming etc. You need to hold off putting equipment away untill the snow hits. Here in Central Florida I am fortunate in never 'putting equipment away'. Mow all year long, have an appointment for the 27 of a yard mow cleanup hedge trim,. they are having a party for new years and want it all cleaned up. (btw this guy started with a few repos cleaned up now he is my best customer. I mad about 5K off this guy last year)

CHEESE2009
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM
http://s3.gatheringmagic.com/uploads/2009/08/6a00b8ea0674f2dece00c1141318f8c408-200pi.jpg
Welcome to my world.

It sucks, it truly does.

Steve
12-16-2011, 08:06 PM
So about 2 weeks ago I did a clean up for a customer. I told her my season was over, and that I would see her next year. Well 2 days ago I get a call, "can you come over to the lawn, I need a clean up before my Xmas party. So being nice I did it. I restored my equipment. Today I get a call, "It's not good enough!" so I had to go back, I did 4 hours of work, and still have to go back tomorrow. So pissed off.

Give us the low down with the way you are handling your customers? Do you have them under contract? Do you charge them every time you go out?

Ducke
12-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm biting at the bit I would love to get a couple of clean ups right now just to be able to do something.
Don't knock the work it could be worse and no one calls at all...............