PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any snow yet

Ducke
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone got any snow yet ????????????????
This time last year we were knee deep in it .
This year nothing rain and warm well warm for this time of the year.
What is a guy to do ?????

bruces
12-15-2011, 10:13 PM
rain here too

TiedemanLLC
12-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Nothing here either. I did one salting this year, and the only reason for that salting was the handicap ramp is wood (which is very slippery during the winter months if any type of moisture gets on it).

Perhaps a light storm here middle of next week, but that will only bring a couple inches.

picframer
12-16-2011, 04:36 AM
I see a few lawn care companies on the drive to work (through the South end of the city) still doing leaf jobs, for lawn care providers this has been an excellent fall in our city.

It's next to impossible to budget for snow removal here in Halifax, I have seen many winters where I never dropped the plow once.

CHEESE2009
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I think we're all losing our minds.
http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/94312/photos/PHOTO_4713747_94312_8930288_ap_320X240.jpg
Hang in there gang.... lol

It's gotten so bad, I literally don't do anything. I shaved yesterday, was the highlight of my winter so far. :D

mcgreen1
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
No snow in central illinois. AND I LOVE IT! Of course I don't do snow removel. So I have that luxury.

Ducke
12-16-2011, 08:15 PM
I started to advertise junk removal and basement and Garage clean ups.
I just need to keep the money rolling in. Got bills to pay and equipment to buy etc.

TiedemanLLC
12-16-2011, 09:21 PM
The lack of snow has really allowed us to concentrate a lot more on marketing and selling for the 2012 season.

The only thing different that we did this year, because of the lack of snow was do a lot of gutter cleaning jobs. We did those right up until last week, which is unheard of here.

We are about a month behind on when we normally receive our first snow storm. My biggest fear with the lack of snow is how is going to effect my selling of flat monthly rates for next winter. The only thing that will save us now is a very snowy January and February.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
no snow and I hope it stays that way. I only have a few drives on per push and one commercial account the rest all pay seasonal. I rather make 20 grand sitting on my *** then having to plow for a bit more.

CHEESE2009
12-16-2011, 10:30 PM
no snow and I hope it stays that way. I only have a few drives on per push and one commercial account the rest all pay seasonal. I rather make 20 grand sitting on my *** then having to plow for a bit more.

lmao. Yeah being paid to sit on my *** is nice, but without work I never really noticed how boring I am.. ahaha! I want the snow to stay away, but I think I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, my imaginary friends and myself need to get back to our game of eye spy with my little eye.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-16-2011, 10:36 PM
lmao. Yeah being paid to sit on my *** is nice, but without work I never really noticed how boring I am.. ahaha! I want the snow to stay away, but I think I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, my imaginary friends and myself need to get back to our game of eye spy with my little eye.

you too, I just started playing video games again.

JeffK26
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
No snow here yet. ( St. Louis )

It actually got up to 65 degrees a couple days ago.

Even before a started snow removal a couple years ago i love the snow. My favorite part of winter is the snow, Well, Christmas is my favorite part, but snow is a pretty close second.

I see guys out doing leaf cleanups...I've done a few and i'm thinkin about just driving around and knocking on doors askin if people want leaf cleanups like i do on some of my snow removals.

CHEESE2009
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I think today was my limit.

I'm literally going insane. I can't even sit still anymore.

I've watched 10 minutes of every movie on Netflix, but I can't watch a full movie without wanting to do something else, so I'll play a game, then I get bored.

Exciting enough, I have laundry to do, WOOO!!! Finally, something...

Seriously though, what IS there to do? I want some fun, and I want it now.

http://www.shirtmelon.com/assets/images/productmain/booze_support_front_page.jpg

TLC131
12-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Yea, I'm hoping for a lot of snow in Jan and Feb cause i got a lot of work when it snows and I just bought another truck for plowing. Salting of commercial properties is a plus for the little flurries that have come by so far.

But i'm keepin myself busy enough, this is always a good time to educate yourself on things. If I wasnt in school part-time i would definitely get another job. And I think a lot of you would agree with me when I say it's hard to sit around and do nothing, let's get to work.

TiedemanLLC
12-19-2011, 06:02 PM

I am kind of torn too with snow and no snow. Half of my snow plowing accounts are either pre-pay or flat monthly rates, so even though I would love it to snow, I am fine if it doesn't snow either. Maybe just a couple 2 inch storms here and there. I have about 1/4 of my clients on 1 inch trigger, another 1/4 on 2 inch trigger, and the rest on 3 inch trigger.

JeffK26
12-20-2011, 12:53 AM
this is a spambot!

Yeah, the first post i read i was thinking "whoa this dude is really drunk"... then the more i read and saw the links at the bottom of the posts...bot thought popped into mind.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, the first post i read i was thinking "whoa this dude is really drunk"... then the more i read and saw the links at the bottom of the posts...bot thought popped into mind.

same here, I hurt my brain trying to read this and then I seen like 5 more post like this. Its taking a previous post and rewriting.

Ducke
12-20-2011, 08:29 AM
what do you mean I understood every word of it but then again I was 1/2 in the bag last night when I was reading it.:p

JeffK26
12-20-2011, 08:40 AM
what do you mean I understood every word of it but then again I was 1/2 in the bag last night when I was reading it.:p

hahahahahaha

Ducke
12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
getting back on subject.
Looks like someone is getting some snow down in the south west
I saw on CNN Texas and surrounding areas are getting hit hard.
Luck dogs.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
getting back on subject.
Looks like someone is getting some snow down in the south west
I saw on CNN Texas and surrounding areas are getting hit hard.
Luck dogs.

Theres snow in the forecast for me on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully it fizzles out into rain.